Reports to: Director, Commercial Services
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Services, you will be responsible for assisting in the growth of the overall commercial real estate portfolio and commercial ancillary services, inclusive of credit cards, payroll, insurance, deposits and investment accounts. You are a dedicated professional and a strategic thinker who has a very broad understanding of commercial real estate financing and also values the importance of building and nurturing relationships within the broader community and with Tandia’s members. You will assist in the overall management of a diverse commercial portfolio and understand the unique needs of various proprietors. You will seek to grow the size and profitability of the commercial book while minimizing loan risk and maximizing product penetration. You are a self-starter and enjoy a fast-paced exciting environment with a commitment to achieving results.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
In coordination with Director, Commercial Services, will be responsible for completing a new commercial deal from start to finish, inclusive of financial statements analysis, underwriting and approval within prescribed approval authority limits
You will promote and maximize the development of our commercial business channel and commercial ancillary services
You will attend industry appropriate functions to promote company brand and sales initiatives and be capable of achieving budgeted growth targets incorporating volume, quality and pricing
You will work towards establishing a steady stream of commercial business leads
As required, you will provide technical support to the Director, Commercial Services specifically in analyzing members’ needs and acting upon members’ requests
You will accompany the Director, Commercial Services on prospect and client meetings as requested
Will ensure all commercial transactions are compliant in accordance with established policies and procedures
Directly responsible for attracting and maintaining business to strengthen and grow the commercial book of business
In coordination with the Director, Commercial Services, you will personalize, coordinate and execute business, marketing and sales plans aimed at Centres of Influence (COI) such as lawyers, accountants, and other community professionals to target new business, fee income, retail referrals and loan and deposit growth
Demonstrate extensive knowledge and solid analytical skills in the areas of commercial lending underwriting, balance sheets, cash flow mechanics, and business plans presented by members
Focus on the highest quality member service, ensuring alignment with overall Teachers Credit Union and Commercial goals and objectives
Exhibit good general business acumen coupled with ability to structure credit and deposit facilities to meet member needs and Tandia objectives
Minimize loan risks through diligent, timely and proactive financial reviews and awareness of changing economic/marketplace influences and applicable industry trends/data
Actively participate in Company and Community events and activities while demonstrating Tandia Values.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum eight to ten years of progressive experience in sales/service financial services industry while managing a diverse commercial real estate portfolio in a commercial banking environment or like field
- Demonstrated ability to achieve established business development targets
- Strong and broad knowledge of commercial real estate lending processes
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial statements and understand aspects of lending such as project financing, market analysis and industry trends, and cash management, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, relationship, interpersonal, communication, presentation and team-building skills
- Strong business acumen coupled with a demonstrated ability to initiate action to achieve results and meet deadlines while respecting fundamental corporate values
- Ability to work independently with confidence and with a strong commitment to member service
- Ability to establish and maintain strong contacts within Centres of Influence
- Self-motivated and demonstrates a positive work ethic
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while paying attention to detail and timelines
Post-secondary diploma, degree and/or certification in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Commerce, Real Estate or a related program
Minimum of eight to ten years of direct commercial real estate underwriting experience in the financial services industry
Prior/current commercial approval limits
- Working knowledge of general banking, sound management principles, best practices and commercial banking industry trends and conditions
- Must have valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Deadline for applications is Friday, May 29, 2015.
While we thank all applicants, only those that are deemed to meet the qualifications may be contacted for an interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer.