Salary: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00/Annually
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (2233)
Comprehensive benefits package and performance based bonus available
1818 Cornwall Ave
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 1E3 Canada
The Colorist executes the Seasonal Color Palette Development Process in collaboration with Raw Material Developers, Graphic and Product Design, Quality, and Production team, while reporting into the Raw Materials Development Department.
- Creates color standards by working with Vision POD to execute their inspiration and meet our performance standards
- Executes lab dip requests through collaboration with internal and external partners
- Reviews and Approves/Rejects lab dips for quality and visual consistency both qualitative and quantitative , using spectral data and visual assessment in a light box based on defined performance criteria for end use.
- Track and Monitor total requests by business and by month to assure Calendar timelines are met and BUY READY can be executed without delay
- Provides end of season metrics on level of activity and adoption rate
- Measure and track supplier performance in terms of colour matching, submit turn time & approve rounds, colour quality and communication
- Travels Internationally 1-4 times a year for onsite color review
- Provides expertise for designers on capabilities of colors and the ability to meet our colorfastness
- Works with design and development to effectively solve and communicate any development issues.
Required Skills, Experience and Academic/Educational Requirements:
- 2-5 years previous experience working as a colorist for an apparel brand or textile mill, preferable a sport performance or fashion brand
- Must pass Munsell 100 Color Test and have a trained color eye
- Knowledge of Dye formulas and dyeing techniques, spectral data, performance testing
- Strong knowledge of fabric construction / finishing properties and how that can affect color.
- Strong understanding of design, development, and merchandising process from inception through production.
- Ability to work well under pressure and achieve deadlines.
- Proactive, problem solving and results oriented.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication
- Able to travel extensively both domestically and internationally utilizing various transportation methods. (travel up to 20%)
- May have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time (approx 20lbs.)
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Mandatory attendance at Cross Functional Meetings, ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines on an ongoing basis
Our "must haves":
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal --oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
- Proven Collaborator with clear communication skills