This posting represents a three year, full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Transformation, the incumbent plays a key role in supporting the university’s change and transformation initiatives by facilitating the implementation of changes to processes, job roles and organizational structure, and by developing, and implementing a robust communications and change management plan.
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change initiative and the groups impacted by the change.
- Work in collaboration with the team to integrate change-management activities into the overall project plan as well as User-Centered Design and User Experience (UX) concepts and methodologies.
- Identify potential risks and anticipated points of resistance and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans, including a sponsor roadmap, as well as communications, coaching, training and acceptance-management plans; work with the process owners and analysts to provide UX deliverable such as user research, user journeys, and site maps.
- Serve as an advisor to managers and team members who are change sponsors.
- Conduct readiness assessments by meeting with internal constituencies directly affected by the change and plan and execute user studies to enhance user experience in partnership with the process team and process owners.
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes.
- Identify performance gaps, and work to develop and recommend the appropriate corrective actions.
- Apply a structured change-management approach and methodology for the concerns that may be caused by the project.
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team in documenting university processes and identifying stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and over seven years of experience in communications, marketing, project management, or a related field.
- Change Management Professional designation (e.g., Prosci certification) desirable.
- Experience with the ADKAR model for change management is an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of change-management principles and methodologies.
- Familiar with user-centered design (UCD) and user-experience (UX) concepts and methodologies desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English; basic knowledge (level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (Create and format complex tables), Excel (Create, modify, and format charts) and PowerPoint (Work with the Office Suite to create slides from an Outline).
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change effort; ability to work effectively at all levels of the organizations.
$88,467- $105,667 per annum