Requisition ID: 15023087
Job: Corporate Development
Work Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton-10102 Jasper Ave., 3rd Floor Commerce Place
Unposting Date: Dec 2, 2015, 8:59:00 PM
The Business Development Manager is responsible for acquisition of professional clients in emerging growth markets and is accountable for:
- Developing and executing a business development plan to grow the professional client base
- Identifying opportunities to build early relationships and demonstrate commitment to professionals from student to business/practice owner to attract new clients to CIBC
- Delivering a differentiated client experience to professionals
- Identifying personal and professional needs throughout the client personal and business life cycle and to refer clients to CIBC advisors to achieve business goals
- Build and implement a business development and marketing plan to acquire new business for CIBC. Obtain budget approval and manage expenses.
- Create awareness of the CIBC offer for professionals to attract new customers at events, in partnership with Banking Center Leaders and teams. Analyze the effectiveness and make recommendations for future programs/events.
- Build and maintain a referral network within the professional segment communities (e.g. Business Associations etc) to facilitate new client acquisition
- Partner with Financial Advisors to facilitate a seamless transition for the client and to support the achievement of new business
- Work with NSS, Marketing, Corporate Communication and Public Affairs to ensure that CIBC represented as appropriate in all internal and external public relations opportunities.
- Keep current on all professional offers, product offerings against competitors' offerings assessing their offers as required and raise non-competitive situations to national team for response and assistance.
- Deliver a client experience that will lead to building client advocacy and significant promotion for CIBC
- Build client relationships through hosting information sessions, sales promotions, and events unique and relevant to the professional client needs
- Create customer contacts through referrals, promotions, local marketing and prospecting that lead to demonstrating to clients that we are interested in helping them to achieve their goals and meet their needs
- Act as a CIBC Ambassador and provide a strong presence for CIBC with professional clients
- Build capability to understand professional client needs and understand CIBC professional offers
- Assist the branch team in better understanding the professional client needs
- Ensure compliance with all CIBC policies and procedures,
- Establishes and maintains key relationships in profession including leaders, associations etc. for potential new business.
- Regular interaction with high value team, Branch Manager and District team, for purposes of business development, marketing, and understanding business strategies
- Educational institutes, colleges and universities
- External service providers and suppliers to contract service for events and promotions
- Regular interaction with Media (ie. radio, newspaper) to advertise and create awareness for CIBC events
- Regular interaction with Region and National partners including Market leaders, Customer Marketing and Corporate Communications
- Manage budget within approved plan
- Negotiate and approve contract with suppliers within budget
Supports one or more branches within a specific Region. Leads and manages events, publications and public relations aligned to CIBC’s strategic direction. Contributes to the achievement of the business plan for the branch including customer acquisition, funds managed and revenue growth, customer satisfaction rating and expenses
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Post Secondary Degree: Marketing Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Well developed business development techniques and the ability to identify opportunities plan and develop business to achieve business plans and goals. Ability to examine market/customer segments to determine the potential for products and services. Ability to establish contacts in the professional community to generate opportunities and maintain a positive profile of CIBC in the community
- Developed sales skills to recognize when a sales opportunity and explain to clients the benefit of meeting with one of your colleagues or business partners. Ability to make referrals to the appropriate employee
- Developed business-planning skills to develop a business development plan and tactics to support the business plan. Analyze local trends, develop action plans and compare performance with competitors
- Developed CIBC knowledge of CIBC’s vision, values to ensure plans and activities are aligned to CIBC’s business direction. Basic understanding of branch operations, hours, layout, security and organization
- Well developed presentation skills sufficient to convey information and interpretation to highly knowledgeable clients, professionals and business groups
- Well developed time management skills and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Developed networking skills to interact and connect effectively within CIBC and professional communities... Understand when actions or decisions will impact on other areas of CIBC and when to include or link with others. Ability to build formal and informal networks internally and externally build support and get things done.
- Developed product knowledge to understand professional client offers and explain value to clients
- Developed influencing and negotiating skills to gain commitment and support of business plans
- Basic project management skills to manage events and community promotions within budget and obtaining approvals.
- May be required to work days, evenings and weekends for events and client meetings
- Frequent travel is required. Must have own transportation.