Lambton College in Toronto is a public private partnership that provides post-secondary education to international students.
We are offering a unique opportunity to work as a Business/Employer Development manager in the field of computer studies co-op program.
Lambton College offers computer studies programs in Toronto and Sarnia. The successful candidate is expected to travel frequently and can work from a home office if preferred. The successful candidate is responsible for managing relationships with third party partners, employers and students in the field of computer studies co-op development and placement.
Some other responsibilities of this position include:
- Provides on-going support to co-op employers and is the primary contact for the employer should any concerns or conflicts arise;
- Develops supportive and strategic relationships with employers to identify and meet human resource needs;
- Manages the relationships between co-op staff in Sarnia and Toronto to ensure consistency and quality of services regardless of location or mode of delivery in the field of co-op training, development and placements.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in the IT sector, human resource recruitment or job development, career and employment guidance, coaching, advising, employment workshop delivery and job placement;
- Education required post-secondary degree in business, arts, information technology, or a related field;
- Extensive experience in networking and/or outreach;
- Excellent marketing and selling skills;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver workshops and information sessions to various audiences using a variety of formats;
- Must be a results-oriented individual with the ability to motivate and inspire self and others;
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; with the ability to establish rapport with participants, employers, community stakeholders and team members;
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable motor vehicle during working hours is required;
- Frequent travel provincially and occasional travel nationally required.
While we thank all applicants who apply, only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.