Badger Daylighting is currently seeking a professional Business Development Specialist to join the largest Hydrovac business in North America.
The Badger Hydrovac system is a non-destructive method of excavating using pressurized water and a vacuum system to quickly, safely and cleanly excavate around underground utilities and pipelines in the oil & gas, utility and municipal sectors.
Location: Based in Edmonton and travel throughout Western Canada
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Business Development the individual will be responsible for securing profitable new business expanding opportunities and finding new customers in the oil and gas industry with specific focus on pipeline and facility projects. Secondary focus is larger general contractors and engineering companies.
Collaborate with the Director of Corporate Business Development, Regional Managers, business development team members and field operations to develop and implement a sales plan to increase revenue, market share, customer base and customer loyalty targeted at oil and gas projects.
- Drive revenue growth. Specific focus on oil and gas pipeline and facility work.
- Service and maintain existing clients and add new clients.
- Research, contact, qualify, track, monitor, prepare and present packaged solutions to secure projects.
- From an external perspective, the role will involve a high level stewardship over the sales cycle from the development of the initial client relationship, contracts and bid process, closure follow up while providing direct feedback to the Company.
- Internally, develop strong relationships with the BD team and field operations to expand services and leverage success from one area/project to other areas and projects.
- Assist in developing sales processes that help drive revenues. Identify, develop, prepare and present high impact sales presentations and solutions to current and or potential clients.
- Establish goals and actions for expanding business in these market segments.
- Develop a collaborative environment between the Business Development team and field operations. Assist operations Managers in developing strong relationships with target accounts to create repeat revenue for the Region. Continue to expand the need for Badger’s Hydrovac services through education, awareness and market development to provide sustained growth.
- Coordinate field events such as industry trade shows, conferences, seminars.
This position requires flexibility and a willingness to be creative. Badger thrives on, change, action and growth. The Individual must be action orientated, self-motivated, driven, an excellent communicator, enthusiastic, team focused, a skilled sales professional, business savvy, ethical.
- 10+ years of sales experience.
- Network of contacts in the oil and gas industry mandatory.
- Oil and gas industry related experience mandatory.
- Experience with general contractors and construction industries an asset.
- Proven success with services and value sales approach.
- Proven track record with developing new products/services and new markets.
- Strong negotiation, communication, problem solving and influencing skills.
- Strong customer service background.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and sales databases.
- Entrepreneurial background an asset.
- Competitive Base
- Bonus Program
- RRSP matching program
- Company truck
- Benefits program – Health, life & disability insurance, medical, vision, dental and drug plan.