Business Development Representative full-time
Do you have a passion for digital marketing technology? Are you energized by the opportunity to share the benefits of world-class SaaS / Cloud-based Web marketing software? Do you love to close the deal? Do you enjoy evangelizing products that provide real, tangible benefits to customers?
It’s time to talk to Marqui!
Reporting to the VP, Sales and Marketing, you will be responsible for managing qualified leads and successfully guiding them through the sales process.
This position is ideal for an energetic, results focused professional with a history of selling into marketing departments of mid-market companies throughout North America.
Ideal candidates will know how to build win-win deals with prospective clients that will help them find innovative solutions to their web marketing challenges. An understanding of consultative sales techniques as well as a passion for Web and digital marketing is essential.
- Qualify leads generated from inbound (90%) and outbound (10%) campaigns
- Primarily use email, phone interactions and internet tools to manage your sales pipeline of opportunities.
- Use consultative sales approach to engage prospects to identify and uncover customer business goals, needs and pains
- Become an expert on the Marqui CMS Platform and related industry
- Demonstrate the value proposition of the Marqui’s solution through customized demonstrations
- Create presentations and product demonstrations for mid-market and enterprise level customers
- Provide technical responses to RFPs and RFIs
- Inspire prospective clients with ideas that can help them succeed online
- Ultimately drive a revenue mix of products and services to achieve your targets
- Track all sales, forecast future sales and identify new market opportunities
- Work with our Marketing department to nurture contacts that are not ready to buy
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in B2B software sales or selling marketing solutions
- Strong track record of consistent success in an outbound lead generation or inside sales role
- Proven ability to consistently achieve sales targets
- Outstanding negotiation, presentation and selling skills
- Good listening skills with the ability to demonstrate knowledge by asking smart questions
- Understanding of the marketing function and the responsibilities of marketing leaders
- Excellent writing skills and experience creating compelling proposals, RFI and RFP responses
- Experience making presentations via web-conference and demonstrating software online
- Experience selling Web Content Management, Website Development and Design, Marketing Automation or Email Marketing
- Positive outlook and naturally tenacious
- Solid organizational skills, technical aptitude, with the ability to learn quickly and adapt
- A strong, disciplined work ethic with a good sense of humour
- Able to travel within North America a few times per year
Marqui provides a Next Generation Content Management System to help marketers engage their customers and prospects through multiple digital channels. We are dedicated to helping our clients succeed by providing them with great software and exceptional services. This is an opportunity to join a company redefining the tactics and best practices of online marketing.
Marqui is located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, at the corner of Bute and Pender, just steps from Coal Harbour. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits. Marqui is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications are treated as confidential and will remain on file for six months.