SGS Oil, Gas & Chemicals division is seeking an experienced Business Development professional to drive new business in the downstream petroleum and chemicals industry. SGS provides specialized staff that perform all phases of product handling and site-based logistics services for the refining, chemical, mid stream, crude by rail and marine industries. In conjunction with the strategy set by the Business Manager, you will discover and close new business to ensure sustainable revenue and profitability.
As the Business Development Representative you will be accountable and responsible for the following:
- Acquire new clients via identification, prioritization and sales plan execution for refinery, petrochemical plant, crude by rail and terminal staffing opportunities (60%)
- Acquire new laboratory outsourcing opportunities in addition to off-site petroleum testing projects in support of the SGS laboratory network across Canada (20%).
- Maintain relationships, while increasing market share with existing client base for marine inspection, petroleum testing services and cargo additive treatment (20%).
- Implement campaigns and strategies to grow revenue in both existing and new Plant Terminal Operation as well as Lab Outsourcing opportunities
- Work closely with technical staff to develop growth strategies and close new business
- Accountable for meeting sales targets within approved expense budgets.
- Independently develop and collaborate on sales proposals and responses to RFP / RFQ’s and tenders. Working closely with operations to ensure that project scope, schedules and budgets are accurately planned, monitored, communicated and met.
- Achievement of established sales & profitability targets.
- Territory: Primarily Alberta but coverage for B.C, S.K and M.B will also be required
- Communicate the SGS value proposition to industry decision makers
- Understands market challenges and participates in strategic planning for future business opportunities
- Works with Branch Managers and Site Leaders to resolve day to day problems in meeting client expectations.
- Participate in technical presentations, client events and industry exhibitions
- Continue to follow up with clients after project execution, with best in class service
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
- Recognized University degree (preferably Engineering, Business or similar)
- 7 years + experience selling at the executive level with longstanding relationships at the senior level at refineries, petrochemical plants, terminals and pipeline sectors
- Strong operational knowledge of the downstream petroleum sector with a good understanding of the infrastructure, processes, logistics and regulatory aspects
- Take ownership of opportunities from discovery, qualification, proposal, negotiation and closing.
- Proven ability to manage multiple opportunities with a focus on efficient pipeline management using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Moderate travel within Western Canada (80% Alberta) will be required. Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time to time
- Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time