Reporting to Division Manager, Business Development, the Business Development Representative is responsible for all aspects of the Business Development (BD) cycle including; generating and qualifying leads, determining client needs, presenting a solution, demonstrating a high level of service, closing the sale, growing customer relationships, and preparing company reporting.
Responsible for meeting and exceeding established sales targets to increase revenue and profitability of Horizon North product solutions, the BD Representative will manage customer relationships from contract execution through delivery to after sales service; and will solicit referrals from these customers, where possible. Working collaboratively with the BD team, the successful candidate must be flexible to travel regularly to various locations throughout Western and Northern Canada up to 70% of the time.
This is position is safety sensitive and will require drug, alcohol, fitness and/or impairment testing as a condition of employment.
- Establish and maintain company client relations through a consistent schedule of site visits and regular communication.
- Monitor and keep current with the developments in the areas through online resource and local newspapers. Understand the competitive landscape.
- Generate, qualify and continuously follow up on sales leads.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and product and service knowledge.
- Develop solutions and prepare accurate quotes/proposals for workforce accommodation and rental equipment solutions.
- Keep abreast of competition and report on known activities.
- Participate in corporate marketing activities such as conferences, trade shows, community events and open house events, if required.
- Deliver presentations promoting products and services and follow up with prospective clients.
- Represent the Company in an ethical and professional manner.
- Process necessary paperwork to initiate contracts.
- Produce reports to Division Management on a weekly basis of prospect leads and current activity.
- Work within the Key Sales Performance indicator system and participate in on-going performance reviews.
- Achieve quarterly sales quotas and the objectives of employment.
- Mentor junior team members and provide coaching on Horizon North processes and procedures, offering positive feedback on performance.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- 3+ years in sales and/or business development with a proven successful track record;
- Previous experience in the construction industry and/or in the general oil and gas services sector would be preferred;
- University degree or technical diploma in commerce, business administration, engineering or related field is an asset;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be flexible to travel;
- Thorough knowledge of sales methodologies;
- Strong understanding sales process cycles;
- Exceptional ability to network and establish business relationships;
- Excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Strong negotiation and sales closing skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment;
- Proficient in MS Office programs; and
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package, and a positive team environment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.