What’s exciting about Elastic Path?
Elastic Path Software is a providerof the industry’s most flexible enterprise ecommerce platform and strategic ecommerce consulting. We help innovative enterprises sell more digital goods and services in a way that is frictionless, social, and everywhere. Major global brands such as Google, Symantec, Time Inc, RIM and Virgin Media rely on Elastic Path to innovate and grow.
What can you expect in the Business Development Representative’s position?
The Business Development Representative will join our seasoned marketing team to help support sales programs. The Business Development Representative will kick-start the sales cycle by qualifying all inbound leads and proactively identifying leads within our target markets (outbound sales).
- Conduct target account prospecting and sales calls to key decision makers, C level and technical influencers within organizations to identify, and manage up-sell and add-on opportunities.
- Qualify and further develop “warm” leads by performing and documenting end-user requirements analyses
- Build key relationships with prospects and customers to gain a clear understanding of company and customers goals to enable expansion of Elastic Path technology and solutions across the enterprise
- Undertake cold calling campaigns around specific business propositions or market awareness
- Qualify and develop leads passed over by Marketing to appointment setting stage for hand over to Sales
- Work closely with Sales and Pre Sales Consultants to meet prospect/customer requirements during qualification process including initial pricing quotations
- Document traction and plan next steps using Salesforce.com CRM
- Meet quarterly/yearly qualified sales opportunity targets
- Represent Elastic Path at trade shows, seminars and conferences as required
The successful candidate will report through to the Vancouver office but can be based anywhere in the US or Canada and work from their home office.
What kind of background is required to thrive in this position?
- At least three years sales/lead generation experience or previous field sales background in a high tech environment
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding lead generation targets in a phone sales environment
- Knowledge or experience with software products or ecommerce solutions preferred
- Must possess strong prospecting account management, and closing skills
- Knowledge of business organization structures, buying influences and purchasing processes
- Ability to foster team orientation with counterparts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to analyse and assess potential business opportunities
- Able to work on own initiative
- University degree or equivalent
- Computer skills and aptitude
- Fluency in local language is a must together with good understanding of English both written and spoken.
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is privately held and continues to grow dramatically. Today Elastic Path employs approximately 160 team members in Canada, the UK and the US.
We’re also pleased to announce some recent accolades and awards, including a spot on Red Herring’s 100 List, a prestigious list that honors the year's most promising private technology ventures in North America. We also ranked #25 in PROFIT magazine's Ranking of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies and to top it off, British Columbia Technology Industry Association (BCTIA) recently awarded us with the “Emerging Company of the Year” award.
We also have some neat benefits to offer you, but we won’t bore you with those right now. If you’re curious, check out the benefits section on our career site: http://www.elasticpa..h/benefits
Join our team
Interested? Awesome, let’s talk. Send us your resume and we’ll contact you if it looks like we might just have an amazing career opportunity that’s right up your alley. Be sure to highlight your bragging rights and apply today.