The Business Development Representative is responsible for identifying opportunities and for the planning and execution of the complete sales process by working closely with existing and potential customers for Secure Energy Services Production Chemical business line.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain sales relationships with customers which may include daily interaction with operations, supply chain, sales and marketing
- Executing sales and marketing strategies for the Canadian Operations
- Interacting with oil and gas operators to determine upcoming opportunities
- Presenting technical Production Chemicals solutions unique to the region being produced
- Along with guidance from the technical group, help design, build and manage chemical programs and field applications
- Developing relationships with current and potential clients
- Continually learning new information and developing an understanding about all product lines
- Providing daily and weekly updates to sales, operations and technical department about customer activity, plans and future business
- Creating and maintaining sales documentations such as brochures, advertising, etc.
- Providing field technical support as required, which includes field visits
- Building and managing a client database
- Entertaining current and potential clients
- Attending and representing the organization at local and regional technical and operator conferences
- Performing other duties as required
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Production Chemical Fluids Sales
- University or College degree in related field
- Technical sales experience and established contacts within the oil and gas industry would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to prepare technical reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- Self-motivated and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills and negotiation skills
- Confident, highly motivated and determined with a good business sense and professional manner.
- Strong knowledge production processes practiced in Canada
- Detail oriented and demonstrated interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and customer service skills