Pure Technologies is a world leader in the development and application of innovative technologies for inspection, monitoring and management of physical infrastructure. From monitoring the health of large bridges to protecting pipelines, our technologies and expertise are being used around the world to help manage deterioration and reduce loss. At Pure, our people are the key to our success. We take pride in recruiting the best talent available for all areas of our business.
The Business Development Manager, Western Canada, will be tasked with driving the growth of the company's business within the region (a territory comprising of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba), execute sales strategies against regional goals and objectives, support corporate growth initiatives, develop and scale up new business with existing customers, and recruit new customers.
Overall, the Business Development Manager, Western Canada, will be responsible for directing the business development and sales efforts for Western Canada as part of the Canadian Region, monitoring the results, and quantifying the successes and shortfalls. They will be involved in setting the revenue growth and customer development strategies for their territory as a member of the management team for the Canadian Region.
Skills in selling strategic alliances on a corporate level will be an essential component of the role.
Regional Revenue and Customer Growth (Business Development and Sales)
- Build a structured strategic plan for maintaining and expanding existing clients, and for the development of new customer relationships in the territory
- Research, identify, communicate, and respond to condition assessment, inspection and relevant engineering services opportunities in the territory, while supporting the team across the Canadian Region occasionally as required
- Identify new clients, industry trends, and likely adjacent industry sectors for Pure’s suite of condition assessment, leak detection and engineering services in the region
- Participate in the management of the Canadian Region in setting quarterly and annual sales and revenue targets; maintain primary responsibility for delivering results against those targets for their territory
- • Develop and apply the “seller / doer” model for clients in the region, when required, toward the ultimate goal of gaining and maintaining “Trusted Advisor” status with strategic customers and municipalities
- Structure a detailed strategic plan for maintaining existing and building new business relationships
- Develop and deliver papers and presentations at regional and national conferences on behalf of Pure, and in support of the strategic goals of the region and the Company
- Identify future industry trends and client contact opportunities
- Manage, oversee and complete (as required) proposals and budgets for new projects
Member of Americas Business Unit
- Support Sales, Marketing, and project / Operations staff in the Canadian Region and across Pure Americas with customer and guidance as required
- Participate as an active member of the Corporate Americas sales group, and as an active and contributing member of the Canadian Region leadership team
- Participate in key industry organizations, maintaining a high level of visibility as a respected industry ambassador for Pure
- Support Regional and Corporate strategic Initiatives
Member of Canadian Region
- With the cooperation of, and in alignment with, the Canadian Region leadership team, identify, develop and lead targeted strategic initiatives as required to build and enhance Pure’s business and service offerings (e.g. the Metallic Pipe Initiative). Collaborate and cooperate with other Pure regions and divisions as required
- In support of Canadian and corporate strategic initiatives and where required, identify and coordinate pilot projects with clients in the territory
- While the position is located in Calgary, AB, the Business Development Manager, Western Canada will report to the RVP Canada (located in Mississauga, ON)
- Proven track record in sales and marketing
- Positive attitude toward producing results
- Strong understanding of infrastructure in all sectors, and vending to municipal customers
- 8-10 years of successful sales or business development experience
- Ability to provide an integrated solution to prospects and customers; must be able to stage a consultative selling process that overcomes objections and indifferences and connects need with Company
- Demonstrated measurable revenue generation at large professional services firm
- Impeccable oral and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Leverage knowledge of direct marketing best practices to ensure that sales executives are focused and achieve their stated goals
- Participation and management of client teams responsible for key account management