Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2014 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Datacom & Commercial Wiring Device
The Business Development Manager will be tasked with the creation and execution of sales strategies that will generate new business for the Hubbell Premise, Adam (Powerbar & PDU), Delivery System and Commercial Wiring Device lines by establishing close working relationships with key major commercial construction, development, property management, and energy management companies in Canada, and effectively communicating and developing these opportunities in cooperation with the regional sales organizations. The position is end user focused. Additionally, the Business Development Manager Building Automation position is geared to providing a lead role in the development of sales for Hubbell Premise Wiring products with key Fortune 500 Companies in the Canadian market.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ PRINCIPALES RESPONSABILITÉS:
- Establish close relationships with major commercial and residential constructors, developers and property management companies with the aim of developing demand for associated HWP products.
- Establish a strong sense of cooperation, communication and teamwork with HWP regional management and field sales representatives in the development of these opportunities.
- Provide a Sales Specialist role in the pursuit of Premise Wiring and Hubbell Powerbar & PDU products.
- Conduct sales presentations and product/application training at assigned accounts.
- Provide sales/specifications assistance at accounts to secure projects that will benefit all regions.
- Develop an annual sales and marketing strategic plan geared toward the above objectives.
- Report monthly on revenue development activities and document opportunities effectively
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent in Engineering, Commerce, Marketing or related business education.
- Minimum four years’ experience in outside sales– ideally in Specification Sales or Commercial Industry Sales.
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Strong group presentation skills.
- Effective with PC’s and related software including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- This is a National Role with some travel required – 80% of your time will be in Ontario