FT Services is building a skilled and dedicated team to deliver best-in-class maintenance, turnaround and sustaining project services to Canada’s top oil and gas companies.
We provide our valued employees with a safe and progressive environment – encouraging an entrepreneurial approach to business and the opportunity to succeed. At FT Services we are succeeding together.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with GM BD to set sales targets for sales, track and record activity on accounts, help to close deals to meet these targets and provide support that will continually improve customer relationships
- Develop a pipeline of new business by growing and retaining existing accounts, and prospecting for new customers within assigned markets/geographic areas to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential customers to do business with FT Services
- Provide forecasts of revenue growth opportunities for each contract detailing the overall strategies to achieve growth
- Work with BD team to develop proposals that speak to the customer’s needs, concerns and objectives, and present new products and services
- Enhance existing relationships and coordinate sales and marketing activities with related companies
- Implement and enhance internal sales management program including ongoing sales and market reports and analyses
- Participate in pricing the solution/service and negotiating the final contract
- Collaborate internally to meet customer needs and drive customer retention
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM system
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (e.g., prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Project work as required and as directed
As the successful candidate your skills will include:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution or equivalent.
- MBA is an asset.
- Minimum 5-8 years direct sales/marketing experience with emphasis on partnering with major accounts, ideally in the industrial maintenance and construction, and oil and gas industries
- Operations experience is desirable.
- Experience across diverse product and service lines.
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal; particularly the ability to engage senior management of FTS and potential customer organizations
- Excellent prospecting, territory management, contract review skills and negotiation skills
- Previous experience with Sales Force or other CRM tools is required
- Strong results orientation, positive “can do” attitude, and sense of urgency to get things done.
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to meet demand
- Ability to travel domestically as required
We are committed to developing and training our people; by fostering collaboration, providing ongoing training opportunities and rewarding those who want to lead and exceed expectations. As a valued team member, you will receive a comprehensive total rewards package.