IBM Global Business Services: Join a leader. Consult with us.
The Business Development Manager – Communication sector (media & entertainment) will be part of an extraordinary team who identify and qualify opportunities while working in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment. You will lead sales strategies to meet sales objectives, support customer satisfaction, secure business retention and increase market share for all IBM Global Business Services (GBS) offerings while developing strong, long lasting client relationships. Your sales efforts and accomplishments will address the most strategic requirements of the customer/prospect and promise both short and long-term revenue for IBM.
Reporting to the National Leader, the Business Development Manager (a sales role) maintains an effective business relationship with the client's management team and influences the overall success of GBS offerings within the Canadian communications market. You will work to determine the customer’s needs and translate these needs into opportunities for IBM. Your primary interfaces within IBM will be the GBS team (industry experts, solution owners) and the client team (who have overall IBM account responsibility).
The incumbent will be responsible for identifying opportunities and developing solutions using effective distribution channels. Using skills, experience and intellectual capital to define appropriate solutions, you will identify, evaluate and select solutions and specialty offerings which best meet the client's business needs.
The Business Development Manager will work in collaboration with both national and local go-to-market teams to:
- Identify, validate and drive new GBS opportunities
- Drive an aggressive annual revenue and signing(s) target while accurately forecasting revenue and effectively managing a sales funnel and overall results
- Perform extensive prospecting within a set of accounts across Canada
- Lead/own the service sales deals for selected opportunities through full lifecycle
- Provide client coverage and coordinate face-to-face and program coverage
- Work with subject matter experts to develop solutions for qualified clients
- Support the development and maintenance of overall communication strategy and results
- Lead/support account management activities
- Participate and support in delivery activities to maintain account and client continuity
- Be accountable for total customer satisfaction, market share, GBS profit and revenue within the client base, and act as the GBS interface with focus accounts
- Be accountable for the success of selling GBS engagements involving multi-functional teams, leading and/or participating in several opportunities at the same time
- Maintain a positive, keen attitude and a competitive drive
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A relevant academic background
- 7 years of success selling complex consulting services oriented solutions (hardware, software, services, integration, outsourcing, etc.) to the communication sector (media and entertainment)
- Demonstrable complex strategic selling skills preferred
- A track record of achieving/exceeding sales targets
- Proven success in prospecting and managing a territory and/or growing presence within accounts
- Knowledge of offerings of Cloud, Analytics, Mobility and Social Products, with experience working with and/or selling Services around one of these
- Experience and demonstrable relationships with corporate-level executives
- Experience managing rapid, highly flexible small pursuits as well as large scale, complex proposals
- Written English with experience writing customer proposals
- Proven presentation skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• 8 years of success selling complex consulting services oriented solutions (hardware, software, services, integration, outsourcing, etc.) to the communication sector