Reporting to the Director, Business Development, the Business Development Manager participates in the integration and execution of Corporate Services’ suite of services, short and long-term vision, mission, strategy, plans, policies and service delivery standards within defined strategic financial and operational goals.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Leading the Business Development team in the development of opportunities and solutions to business challenges consistent with TERA, a CH2M Hill’s culture, establishing credibility within the organization, clients, competitors and the larger industry;
- Managing the creation and implementation of a framework within which the Business Development team originates and leads Key Performance Indicator practices that will provide a team based culture that emphasizes service excellence, accountability, empowerment, quality, productivity, safety and compliance;
- Promoting accountability and responsibility at appropriate levels of the organization, championing the adoption of processes, systems and controls that lead to efficiencies and increased productivity;
- Acting as a liaison with and represents TERA, a CH2M Hill Company to clients, suppliers, community partners and other stakeholders to further the goals of the organization;
- Participating in the creation of business unit systems, structures, processes, employee resourcing, employee development, and budgetary forecasting;
- Engaging the Business Development team to understand, own and collaborate in problem solving and decision making.
- Post-Secondary Education in Communications, Marketing or any area of related study
- 10+ years of experience, including at least 3 years of experience in a managerial/supervisory position
- Interpersonal, coaching, mentoring, change management, mediation and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and excellent written communication skills
- Highly motivated to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and to plan and organize numerous work tasks to make tight deadlines
- Demonstrated high level of initiative to propose and implement new business ideas in area of expertise
- Ability to provide leadership that encourages good working relationships between disciplines to maximize client service and operational efficiencies