Education: College Certificate / Diploma
Location: Calgary, AB T1X 1E1 CA (Primary)
Calgary, AB T1X 1N8 CA
Here we Grow Again!!!! Exciting Opportunity!!!!
Business Development - Manpower Guarding Sales - Calgary
G4S provides comprehensive security solutions. Our services are complex and multi-faceted. We are looking for determined, analytic, and tenacious business development professionals who are willing to invest time into relationships and truly earning new accounts.
To succeed in sales at G4S, you can’t be afraid to build a prospect list and make a cold call. You also need to see the value of networking, making connections and building relationships. Success comes from establishing a relationship, not filling in bid forms and writing up quotes. Our clients do business with companies and people that they can trust.
You value accountability. You follow through on your commitments and you’re upfront with information. Honesty and integrity are your watchwords.
You understand that only great effort brings great reward. You’re eager to take on new challenges and provide thoughtful solutions. We value entrepreneurial people with the skill and initiative to develop their own strategies.
This a full time position that is located out of our Richmond offices. The schedule is typically Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., but we provide you the freedom and flexibility to work from home and adjust your schedule to suit your needs and those of your clients. This role will require some travel within British Columbia
G4S offers a competitive compensation package.
- The BDM will reach his or her business targets through effective management of designated territories which include Vancouver and surrounding areas
- Assists District Office(s) with business development activities associated with local, regional and/or national opportunities
- Identifying industries, geographic areas, and new markets in need of Manpower/Guarding Solutions
- Staying current on the entire line of Manpower solutions provided by G4S Canada
- Analyzes the requirements of formal RFPs and decides what information needs to be included in the proposal
- Makes presentations to potential client decision makers, either individually or coordinates a team of specialists to assist in the presentation
- Makes initial and follow-up calls to prospective users of security services for the purpose of scheduling sales appointments
- Attends self-generated sales appointments, educating potential customers on G4S products and solutions
- Makes recurring calls on present clients for business maintenance and enhancement (value added solutions) purposes
- Participates in local trade shows and seminars Becomes an active member of local chapters such as ASIS, The Chamber of Commerce, BOMA, charitable organizations, etc. for the purposes of business development Represents and promotes G4S interests both internally and externally
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Provides quality service to internal and external clients
- Shares knowledge and capabilities
- Builds relations with other Districts and Regions
- Demonstrates an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace
- Drives superior performance
- meets objectives and deadlines retains accountability
- Experience working in B2B sales involving complex deals
- Experience maintaining customer information in a CRM tool or database, such as Salesforce.com
- Experience working in the security industry an asset
- Experience working in or selling to the oil and gas sector an asset
- College or university degree in a marketing or business-related field an asset
- CPP or other security management designations an asset
- Attitude and experience trump schooling or formal qualifications
G4S is Canada’s leading provider of security solutions. We offer a unique combination of risk assessments, security personnel, security technologies, screening services and cash management solutions. G4S employs thousands of Canadians and operates in offices from coast to coast.
As part of the world’s largest security company, G4S provides career advancement and professional development programs that are simply unmatched in the industry. We believe strongly in investing in our people and their future success. As part of G4S, you will meet exciting challenges every day and stand on the cutting-edge of the security industry.
We pride ourselves on hiring the best people in the industry. Our teams support and encourage your success, from our sales and bid development experts, to our committed operations management, to our front-line security personnel.
Don’t miss this opportunity to advance your career and secure your future.