Lead HP’s messaging to strategic accounts around our 4 Transformational Plays.
Develop CxO relationships outside of IT to articulate the value of the Transformational Plays for the business.
Develops long term sales pipeline to increase the company market share in specialized area.
Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities for customer value by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit in specialty area.
Provide support to the Account managers. Set direction for business development and solution replication. Works as overlay with CI and Specialist Sales teams to bridge gap between customer business outcomes and HP technology.
Creates and grows reference customers that can be specifically tied back to business outcomes generated.
Sell complex products or solutions to customers on a partnership basis. May act as a dedicated resource to a few strategic accounts.
Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
Nurtures impactful customer business relationships both in and out of sales cycle to ensure customer satisfaction.
Maintain and use overall cross-portfolio knowledge to support account leads with integration of solutions.
Contribute to enduring executive relationships that establish companies consultative professionalism and promote its total solution capabilities.
Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
Maintains relevant understanding of market pressures affecting specific customer verticals and industries.
Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives.
Ensures HP partner and alliance community is comfortable and competent with HP’s
Transformation Areas; consistent messaging, market identification and relaying HP value prop in New Style of Business.
Scope and Impact
Works on a smaller number of accounts of greater strategic (long term) value to the company.
Significant percentage of time spent directly with customer interfaces with all levels.
Minimal direct time with customer's technical buyers.
Typically assigned higher than average quota.
Teamed with dedicated technical resource(s) focused on Transformation Areas
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota diversity of business customer, and higher level customer interface.
- Prior selling experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities.
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer.
- Considered a mentor of selling strategy, including designing strategy.
- Typically 12+ years of related sales experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in the desired specialty.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of HP Transformation Areas and how they can be leveraged in a successful sales pursuit
- Strong presentation skills; comfortable and effective in conveying HP value messaging to large groups of customers and partners
- Is considered a master in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large, complex solutions.
- Know strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in account and how to leverage this knowledge in the account.
- Uses expertise in specialty, consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution.
- In-depth knowledge of client's business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Considerable knowledge of current trends in customer's infrastructure and architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving services sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving full portfolio including hardware, software and services needed for the customer's requirements.
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy.
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream.
- Uses C-level engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to offer value-add solutions to the client.
- Excellent project oversight skills.
- Works with the account team to build an effective account plan and strategy to drive incremental revenue in the account.
- Utilizes Salesforce.com as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Successful partner engagement experience. Works effectively with our partners to drive additional revenue.
- Understand and sells high value solutions that address customer problems and drive business value.
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage company portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Understands the leverage of services as part of strategic portfolio of products. Promotes services as part of all strategic opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
About HP –HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Disclaimer –- Hewlett-Packard is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy.
Shift - Day Job
Travel - No
EEO Tagline Hewlett Packard is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities
Job ID: 1444579