Who are we?
United Construction Company (UCC) is an energetic and experienced team focused on taking a new approach to construction, one that focuses on customer relationships, creative designs and transparent development. We’re building a reputation as innovators, and that’s because of our hard working and talented team that continues to grow.
What Are You Looking For?
If you’re interested in a fast paced environment with constantly changing work and an emphasis on personal development, UCC is the best fit. Everyone in our organization climbed through from the ground floor, building the future they wanted with a company that not only supports but encourages personal growth. We invest in the education, training and evolution of our employees, giving them the tools to create the level of success they desire. We are very competitive with our wages and benefits.
What Are We Looking For?
As an organization committed to building customer relationships, innovative projects and transparent development, we need likeminded people to support our vision. These people need to be motivated to do the best job and work on behalf of the customer, providing the highest quality and accountability to expectations. The culture we’ve made has built the perfect staging grounds for career advancement and workplace satisfaction.
Role & Responsibilities
This position will develop and execute a comprehensive strategy to identify new business, markets, and/or clients while ensuring profitable growth and alignment with the company’s strategic goals. We are looking for a progressive, experienced, client-focused professional with talent, initiative, and drive to grow our business.
- Identify, develop and lead sales opportunities through industry research and provide key information for RFPs and presentations; provide comprehensive understanding of the customer needs to the business development and estimating teams.
- Plan and oversee the full cycle sales process including strategy development, opportunity pursuit, proposal communications, and project negotiation
- Provide marketing expertise and partnership for preparation of bid packages, proposal development, and other marketing priorities.
- Obtain a deep knowledge of and build relationships with owners, developers, architects and other decision makers in target markets
- Manage and execute marketing plans and programs, both short- and long-range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of Company products and/or services
- Track, monitor and update marketing results so objectives are achieved within designated budgets
Qualifications and Requirements
- A university degree, a college diploma or trade qualifications in a business or construction management related field is preferred
- 2 - 3 years’ of direct marketing/sales experience working in commercial and/or industrial construction services is a definite asset
- Knowledge of the construction industry within Alberta/Saskatchewan along with developed relationships and prospective contacts is a definite asset
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of web-based software and Microsoft Office Suite are required.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License is required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with internal staff and clients: owners, developers, architects and other decision makers
- A self-starter who takes a proactive approach.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, adhering to strict deadlines and commitments.
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions/recommendations in a rapid paced, forward evolving environment.