FirstOnSite Restoration has an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager out of the Calgary branch.
FirstOnSite Restoration is the largest independent disaster restoration company in Canada. We provide unsurpassed emergency response, restoration and reconstruction services to the insurance industry, residential, commercial and industrial customers. With coast-to-coast coverage and 24/7 emergency service, we offer a wide range of services that remediate conditions caused by fires, floods, winds, mould, environmental hazards, accidents and other casualties at any type of facility.
The Business Development Manager generates new sales revenue through direct contact with clients and prospective clients in their assigned territory. An equally important function is to maintain and enhance our current client relationships through a disciplined call plan and attendance at appropriate industry events.
- Work with senior management to develop an Annual Sales and Marketing Plan.
- Implement sales and marketing initiatives.
- Keep abreast of changes within the industry including customers and competition.
- Implement the Annual Sales and Marketing Plan within the approved budget.
- Identify sales opportunities according to objectives outlined in the Annual Sales and Marketing Plan.
- Develop sales plans which effectively address customers’ buying needs and their decision-making processes.
- Maintain a measurably high volume of sales activity.
- Work with assigned existing accounts to identify new sales opportunities for cross-selling of FirstOnSite services.
- Develop sales plans, which effectively develop solutions that address the customer’s buying needs and their decision-making processes.
- Work with peers and management to refer national opportunities to Head Office.
- Develop and implement a client call plan which includes regular meetings and communication with all assigned accounts.
- Ensure that the expectations of your assigned clients are communicated throughout the organization and are satisfactorily met and exceeded.
- Actively participate as a member of the Corporate National Sales Team.
- Must document and demonstrate a high degree of sales activity and success in identifying, managing and closing key account opportunities.
- Submit sales reports at the direction of management.
- Help maintain account program details and communicate these to management and operations
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all pertinent account information to the field.
- Superior direct sales skills.
- Strong client relationship, organizational & time management skills.
- Disciplined and pays attention to detail.
- Proven public speaking and presentation success.
- Analytical and effective problem solving skills.
- Excels in a conscientious team environment.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of five years' work experience in a field sales role, particularly selling intangibles.
- A working knowledge of property insurance, building construction or restoration is preferred.
- Well networked at the senior manager level in insurance claims, or in corporate Canada.
- University education with a marketing or business bias.
- CIP, RIBO, CRM or IICRC accreditation is very helpful but not critical.
- Strong knowledge as a user of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bilingual, English and French, spoken and written is an asset.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.