If you are experienced sales professional and you are interested in a career with a Fortune 500 company, join the Ryder-Canada team! We are looking for a Business Development Manager to find new customers and to build long-term business relationships with them. This will require that you rely on a sales approach that is both consultative and strategic, and that you partner directly with customers to determine their needs and to identify opportunities to add additional business. This position allows you to play a key role in helping us to deliver the best quality service to our customers, and can put you on the path toward a long and rewarding sales management career with us. Successful Business Development Managers benefit from a clear career path to sales leadership roles including the Director of Business Development role.
As a Business Development Manager, you will serve primarily in a "hunter" role in which you will utilize your prospecting, networking and referral skills to build new customer relationships and expand our client base. This will require that you have a solid foundation in strategic sales, rather than just a basic transactional approach. Internal relationships are also a key part of this role as you will work directly with a variety of our departments including Rentals, Operations and Maintenance as well as Finance and Marketing.
Your specific duties as a Business Development Manager will include:
- Providing transportation solutions to full-service lease and maintenance customers
- Prospecting for new business leads to expand customer base
- Executing marketing plans and account development strategies to expand contractual product lines and add new customers
- Attaining sales goals at or above quota revenues
- Interacting with existing or prospective customers to identify and propose solutions to resolve transportation problems, meet transportation needs and achieve sales growth
As a Business Development Manager, you must be self-motivated and driven to exceed goals and expectations while also being able to function effectively as part of a team. You must also have:
- Strong organizational, time-management and prioritization skills as well as solid analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- It is also important that you have excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to establish and develop strong business relations with customers.
- Specific qualifications for the Business Development Manager position include:
- Post-secondary education in business OR marketing; MBA, a plus
- Minimum five (5) years of sales experience in technical sales organizations
- Proven track record using a consultative selling process to propose solutions to customers
- A strong background in strategic sales (as opposed to straight transactional sales)
- History of longevity of employment
- Strong relationship-building skills, both with customers and internally within a large process-driven organization
- Basic PC computer proficiency
- Experience with CRM systems such as Sales Force