Would you like to work for one of the most trusted names behind some of the best energy products in Western Canada? Can you envision yourself as part of a team that is 3,000 strong and growing? ClearStream has been helping customers bring energy to our world since 1967. Whether it’s upstream, midstream, or downstream, we bring innovation, safety, and commitment to every project, every time. We have work that works for you!
Reporting directly to the VP, Business Development, this role is responsible for developing the maintenance, turnaround and/or major project market model detailing customers and competition for ClearStream’s geographic territory. In addition, this role will define the market requirements for current and future services, and identify business opportunities and close sales. The incumbent will work with decision makers in Operations and Business Development to ensure that ClearStream’s products and services are correctly communicated to the market, and will represent ClearStream at industry organizations, meetings, and events.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a strong network in Alberta’s Industrial Oil and Gas sector, with experience in maintenance, turnarounds and/or major projects.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Develop business plan and sales win strategies, including market size and timing, to support committed revenue growth and profitability in the maintenance, shutdown/turnarounds and projects business.
- Develop sales leads and prospects into opportunities.
- Prepare action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective execution of opportunities.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of industrial services maintenance, turnaround/shutdown, and project business offerings.
- Work with Operations to secure individual and multi-year contracts for maintenance, turnaround/shutdown, and project business offerings.
- Drive growth and expansion of maintenance and turnaround/shutdown business, in step with the relevant Operational VPs.
- Initiate and coordinate development and execution of action plans to access new markets (services and/or geographical).
- Assist in the development and implementation of corporate marketing plans as needed.
- Solicit customer feedback on behalf of the company, while supporting resolution of customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the company’s products and services. Facilitate introduction of other company products and services to customers.
- Gather requirements from prospects, evaluators and customers, and use those inputs to lead new service development prioritization plans.
- Research and define market opportunities, build sales plans, and execute plans.
- Lead development of Client Proposals in response to EOI/RFI/RFP/RFQ’s.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the oil and gas maintenance, turnaround/shutdown, and projects
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to lead and/or write clear market-driven proposals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to build relationships and communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed assigned targets and deadlines consistently.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to focus on specific goals.
- Must have established contacts in the oil & gas industry and at the field level.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a relevant trade certificate and/or bachelor’s degree in a business discipline, or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of experience developing industrial maintenance and turnaround/shutdown and major projects business.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Business Development role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing Client Proposals
- History of sales management accomplishments and initiative.
Job Industry Construction and Trades, Energy , Oil and Utilities
Career Level Management
Shift Monday - Friday
Accomodation Type Local
Living Out Allowance Amount Not Applicable