Kuehne + Nagel is a financially strong and stable international freight forwarding and logistics company. Our global logistics network, cutting-edge IT systems, in-house expertise and excellent customer service has made us a market leader and placed us at the forefront of our industry. Today we are: Global No. 1 in Seafreight, Global No. 3 in Airfreight, Top 3 Contract Logistics provider and European Top 6 provider in Road & Rail Logistics.
The Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1000 offices in over 100 countries, with over 63,000 employees worldwide. We have a strong presence in Canada, with 27 offices and 1000 employees from coast to coast.
We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated Business Development Executive for Seafreight, who will join our Central Canada regional team in an exciting Sales / Business Development role based at our national headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario.
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Please note that only candidates having sales, business development and relevant industry experience in Freight Forwarding / Logistics / Transportation will be considered for this role.
- Responsible to ensure revenue growth, meet or exceed company sales goals and targets
- You will be expected to develop and manage the customers assigned to you
- You must be adept at creating and managing a sales plan and executing that plan to success.
- Search out new potential customers with capability of establishing new accounts.
- Maintain and expand client relations.
- You will be an expert on all company product/service offerings and manage the sale of these offerings in a disciplined and direct manner.
- You will be selling Seafreight primarily but not restricted to the company's core products and services which include international transportation (ocean, air), door delivery trucking, warehousing, insurance and other logistic services.
- You should be very comfortable and polished in all types of client interaction, scheduling meetings, making presentations, negotiating rate quotations.
- You will be expected to service all orders, quotes, follow-ups and customer communication.
- You will be responsible for producing a sales activity report for management on a weekly basis summarizing activities and new revenue opportunities.
- You will participate in a weekly or bi-weekly sales meeting.
- You will enjoy excellent support from the company and be expected to utilize all resources and tools at your disposal to ensure success and appropriate customer service.
- You must comply with all regulatory requirements.
You must have a track record of sales in the international freight forwarding arena specifically in Seafreight.
- Diploma/Degree in Business, Logistics or a related field preferred;
- 5+ years experience in freight forwarding / logistics / transportation industry with a focus on Seafreight Sales required;
- 3-5+ years field sales experience required, experience with both sales Account Management and Business Development functions preferred;
- Must be self-motivated with a professional approach.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize and multi-task.
- Advanced computer skills, including full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required;
- Ability to travel locally and at times nationally/internationally required.