We are constantly seeking opportunities to develop our sales talent and continue our sales success. Our goal is to hire aspiring sales talent into our Business Development Associate roles and give them the tools and support to help them become successful Inside Wholesalers and ultimately Wholesalers. We know we can do this because we’ve done it before. In 2006, we created the first industry program specifically designed to prepare Inside Wholesalers to move into Wholesaler roles. The result – since 2011, ALL of our Wholesaler positions have been filled by promoting Inside Wholesalers. In 2013, we built on that success to create a program to prepare Business Development Associates (previously called Sales Coordinators) into Inside Wholesaler positions. Since that time 43% of participants have been promoted to Inside Wholesaler positions.
We help investment advisors help their clients.
The Fidelity Advisor business provides Fidelity mutual funds to investors through a network of third-party brokers and financial advisors. As a mutual fund manufacturer, Fidelity strives to provide a complete line of products and services which meet the needs of all investors seeking investment vehicles for both short and long term investments. It is the primary goal of Fidelity to support investment professionals as they endeavour to prepare their clients for retirement and other significant life goals which demand focused financial management.
We are expanding our sales team. Each territory sales team will consist of a Business Development Associate (BDA), District Sales Manager (Inside Wholesaler) and a VP, District Sales (Wholesaler). The team works together to plan and execute a strategy that cultivates key relationships and effectively maximizes territory sales.
What you will do
- An integral member of the territory sales team, the BDA works in partnership with the Inside Wholesaler and Wholesaler to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the territory sales plan. This includes:
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and fund proposals for internal partners and investment advisors
- Coordinating and participating in corporate and social events with industry professionals
- Assisting with co-op marketing and compliance administration efforts
- Managing the continuous data integrity process for internal sales reporting requirements including preparing and revising presentations, reports and databases
- Providing administrative support to the Wholesaler
What you can expect from us:
- Great earning potential
- Top tier benefits and perks including reimbursement for tuition, health and fitness club membership fees and computers for personal use
- Opportunity to:
- participate in a robust development program specifically designed to prepare you for a sales career in the mutual fund industry
- learn directly from top tier sales professionals through on-going participation in regional team meetings, an annual National Sales Summit and more
- develop your knowledge of the markets, our products, your presentation, relationship/sales skills, etc. through our on-going training
- regularly interact with industry professionals in both corporate and social settings
To succeed in this opportunity, you will possess:
- A university degree (must be completed prior to your start date)
- Interest in capital markets
Completion of, or enrolment in, a financial services industry program (e.g. CSC, CFA, CFP, CIM, etc.)
A self-confident, friendly and pro-active personality
Energy, focus and drive to achieve results
Sales aptitude with a strong desire to make things happen
Ability to build credibility and rapport with clients in person and over the phone
Strong verbal and written communication skills to build on relationship/networking skills
Ability to organize and prioritize work load and competing demands
Polished and professional personal presentation
Highly motivated and eager to learn
Ability to work in a team as well as independently in a fast paced environment
No agencies or phone calls. Only candidates selected for next steps will be contacted.
By applying to this job, you are consenting to receive an automated acknowledgement of your application
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Standard
Overtime Status: Exempt