Business Analyst, Digital Media
We are seeking someone with solid experience in the digital cultural production milieu (new technological platforms and social networks) and a knowledge of television production. The candidate must be easily able to handle content and technology concepts and the financial aspects of digital projects submitted to the CMF. Your profile and expertise will complement those of a multidisciplinary team in the field of audiovisual and digital media whose priority is customer service and promotion of the industry.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, Experimental Stream and the National Director, CMF Program Administrator:
- You will analyze files submitted to the CMF, primarily for digital media projects, on the basis of their creative and financial aspects; among other things, you will evaluate the innovativeness of the projects and the viability of their financial structures and budgets, and ensure that the projects meet all of the requirements set forth in the CMF guidelines;
- You will follow up on the files by requesting more information or clarifications from the producer and/or other stakeholders and by ensuring the conformity of the information obtained;
- You will make recommendations for the acceptance or rejection of the projects to the Deputy Director, and to National Director if necessary;
- You will enter the project information in the database, update it if necessary and check that it is correct;
- You will follow up with the applicants in order to answer their questions, address their concerns and obtain documentation related to their files and, if necessary, will communicate with any other funding agencies or stakeholders in the television or digital media industries.
Other competencies and requirements
- University degree in a related field;
- Minimum of three years' experience in a similar position;
- Experience in the digital media and television industries, particularly in a production and/or production accounting and/or broadcasting capacity;
- Good knowledge of new technological platforms and social networks;
- Knowledge of the issues regarding the digital media and television industries;
- Ability to analyze the budget of a digital work in relation to the deliverables and the different components of the project;
- Good analytical and negotiating skills and ease in communicating with clients and colleagues;
- Ability to write recommendation reports and various other documents;
- Excellent organizational skills so as to be able to handle several projects at the same time;
- Good interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy, team player;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both official languages at the CBC level.
Telefilm Canada adheres to principles of employment equity. Applicants commit to complying with the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Requirements. We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.