Terms: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Date: September 2014
The BRAND MANAGER is primarily responsible for achieving short & long-term brand financial objectives (sales, distribution, brand margins) by assisting in the development of a winning brand plan and management of its implementation. This includes development of compelling and effective marketing programs/materials, including consumer promotions, selling tools, online creative, product packaging and new product development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focuses on marketing strategy development, product development, and brand related marketing initiatives.
- Ensures revenue and contribution margins are being achieved.
- Develops strategic marketing plans working closely with the VP and Director.
- Develops business cases for new products or significant changes to existing products.
- Creates and plans new product introductions and marketing campaigns.
- Explores and develops new and innovative promotional plans to Expose, Excite and Educate LPC’s consumers, customers and key stakeholders.
- Manages and coordinates the yearly budget planning process to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Oversees the overall marketing budget to ensure we optimize expenditures and achieve specific targets.
- Works with outside suppliers (packaging, ingredients, merchandisers, creative, design, etc.) to develop new products, execute new promotions and build the LPC brand.
- Liaises with sales reps, VPs, and Directors to support and get buy-in to key marketing initiatives.
- Develops key marketing priorities with Director and VP.
- Helps develop, create and manage the LPC communication plan and brand standards.
- Works on special projects and activities that will drive the future.
- 5 years Brand Manager experience in a Produce or Consumer Packaged Goods Company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing (or equivalent).
- Results-oriented, with a track record of achieving brand goals.
- Highly innovative & creative problem solver.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to multi-task.
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills (team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment).
- Well-developed analytical and financial management experience.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (sales experience an asset).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of brand marketing fundamentals, including positioning, messaging and optimizing marketing mix.
- Knowledge of marketing trends & techniques as it relates to consumer packed goods.
- Working knowledge of design principles, print production and web design.
- Experience in new product concept development and launch.
- Analytical – Can translate data into key insights.
- Collaborative – Can work & communicate effectively with a number of different levels within the company.
- Strong project management and implementation skills with the ability to multi task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications; basic skills in using PC based publishing/graphic design applications (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Quark Express, Photoshop) an asset.
- Can work with limited supervision.
- Can translate consumer insights into focused, winning marketing plan.
- Can effectively present information in 1-on-1 and group situations (internal & external).
- Flexibility and creativity in solving problems.
- Ability to handle multi-faceted problems and high pressure situations.
- Attention to detail.