Showbie is the No. 1 classroom workflow app for schools adopting iPads and other tablets. Showbie is used by over 1 million students and teachers in 136 countries to assign, collect and review student's paperless school work!
We are looking for a talented Brand Journalist to create and distribute great content that will delight our growing community and convert them into customers.
- Craft high-quality content that will attract new potential customers and community members
- Write copy for our website, blog, newsletters and emails.
- Conduct extensive research on topics relevant to Showbie users and write high-quality, in-depth articles for the Showbie blog.
- Produce or coordinate with external writers in the production of other types of content, including: guides, white papers, ebooks, infographics, case studies, interviews, presentations, and Showbie content.
- Create and deliver an editorial calendar using market research to maintain a constant pipeline of new, high-quality content.
- Manage and engage with the Showbie community on Twitter, Facebook & Google+ as well as our own Community inside our Help Center.
- Employ and report on link building and content distribution efforts.
- Assist in distributing content for greatest reach
- Help recruit new guest contributors for the Showbie blog
- Engage with the Showbie community via social media with curated, original, and support-related content
- Strategize and implement new ideas to further connect with the Showbie community
- Outstanding writing skills. Minimum of 3 years of writing experience. Background as a blogger or journalist highly valuable.
- Experience working in or writing about startups or SaaS companies strongly preferred.
- Proven record of finding & exploring great writing opportunities. Some understanding of SEO preferred.
- Attention to detail. Strong editing & proof reading skills.
- Data-driven & analytical mindset. Experience in Google Analytics is a plus.
- Excitement for all aspects of content development: research, writing & collaborating, clicking the “publish” button & pushing for massive distribution.
- Experience with Wordpress (Nice to have)
- Great company culture. Work that stays at work.
- Great team members. People you'll enjoy being around.
- Small team big impact. Everything you do makes a difference
- Customers worldwide. From well-known private schools to large public school districts around the corner, we serve classrooms around the globe.
- Rest and relaxation. Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Fair compensation. Competitive salary, stock options and health benefits including vision and dental.
- Office perks. Located in the hub of downtown culture and activity on 104th and Jasper. Steps away from the LRT and public transit. Our office kitchen is stocked with coffee and fresh fruit, and a ping pong table as a centre piece to the office to keep everyone active!