Salary: 64,500-72,000 CAD
Start date of employment (approx): as soon as possible
Minimum education: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
Years of experience: 3-5 years, including 1-2 in US benefits role
Comprehensive benefits package and performance based bonus available.
Job location: 1818 Cornwall Ave, Vancouver, BC V6J 1C7
Number of jobs open: 1
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering and supporting the lululemon benefits programs for both the US and Canada. Must be able to deal with confidential information appropriately. Must be a team player with the ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ensure benefits plans are properly set up in the HRIS systems and are assigned correctly.
- Researches insurance claim discrepancies and makes recommendations for resolutions.
- Support Payroll Administrators to ensure proper deductions, adjustments and reimbursements.
- Coordinate and communicate with third party providers on benefits issues.
- Manage benefits email box and voice mail on a daily basis – ensuring 24 hour response to questions.
- Reviews and analyzes group benefit plan contracts and documentation
- Analyzes, researches and interprets plan designs, competitiveness, and associated costs
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Knowledge of Canadian Leaves of Absence and Sick Leave administration
- Provide ad hoc benefits reports for various internal stakeholders
- Ensure training and communications materials are up to date.
- Reconcile monthly benefits billings.
- Prepare data and report to various government programs in the U.S., such as, Healthy San Francisco and Fair Share Contributions (Massachusetts).
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Benefits Manager.
- Participate in the completion of compensation, pension and benefit surveys.
- Working towards or have completed Canadian CEBS program.
- Willing to complete at GBS 1 and GBS 2 (US CEBS program) within the first year of employment
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience
- 1-2 years experience with US benefits
- Experience with Benefits Modules in HRIS systems. ADP systems preferred.
- Knowledge of and one to three years experience using HRIS Benefits Modules and Reporting systems software. Specifically, ADP’s People@Work and HRB systems.
- Expert customer service skills.
- Excellent analytical skills. Must be good with numbers and very detail oriented.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong Excel skills. Must be able to develop working spreadsheets with IF statements, VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables. Knowledge of Access is a plus.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Incumbent may find environment to be busy and noisy.
- May be required to work overtime on occasion.
Our “must haves”:
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the lululemon culture and lifestyle
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self improvement (goal –oriented)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature
- Self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!