Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 69,000 people.
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
Under the supervision of the Senior Product Manager, the APM supports the brand on many tactical aspects of the business.
- The APM main focus is to deliver on short term on-going programs by ensuring that all key steps of the projects are completed, for all drivers; i.e. HCP, Consumer, Retail and Hospital.
- The APM will support the brand team during the Planning Process, e.g. Business Reviews, Strategic Planning Sessions, Brand Plan writing.
- The APM will also support the brand team with key financial responsibilities such as: monitoring monthly spending, consumption models, etc.
- The APM will participate in new product introductions by supporting the Product Managers on planning and implementation of key programs
- The APM will participate in the development and implementation of market Analysis and Forecasting
- Development, implementation and measurement of tactics as defined in the brand tactical plan.
- Coordinate activities of functional areas, advertising agency and suppliers.
- Responds to queries/info needs from marketing teams and other customers.
- Track, follow, deliver on key marketing projects and make sure that they are delivered on time.
- Develop, implement and measure tactics/programs as defined in annual marketing plans.
- Coordinate tradeshow activities with HCP salesforce and show organizers as well as suppliers in a timely manner.
- Provide update on marketing projects development and interact with key internal and external partners to ensure that everything is on track.
- Manage and appropriately spend brand advertising and promotional budgets. Track marketing project expenses and ensure that tactic sheets are accurate.
- Review and understand monthly consumption ship share along with the team more senior marketers.
- Support the monthly Sales and Operating Planning process.
- Meet with marketing teams to review strategic issues and gain understanding of business needs.
- Engage in and interpret ongoing market research projects to validate brand positioning and promotional direction for the brand.
- Participate in the development of annual financial plans including volume forecasts and financial presentations.
- Participate in preparation of annual Brand Plans, and long range financial plans.
- Maintain an ongoing commitment to learning and personal development to prepare for upward mobility.
- Twice per year, plan and coordinate the SMC/Regional and sales cycle meetings as well as assuring the Product Managers are well prepared to roll out programs and tools on time.
Class A related tasks
- Support Class A concepts of continuous improvement, velocity, quality and customer focus in daily activities.
- Work closely with current suppliers to ensure that current data/customer research is accurate, relevant and minimizes bias.
- Provide insight into marketing dynamics for annual Strategic plans and obtain feedback for future business needs for promoted product families.
- Complete performance self-assessment and growth plan. Review goals and identify root causes when goals not achieved and incorporate key learnings into future activities
- Challenge all key processes to identify new efficiencies, introduce reduced process times and improve value to customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or science
- More than two years of Sales and/or cross-functional experience (office experience)
- Ability to set vision and strategy
- Be Customer Focused
- Build our organization and inspire
- Demonstrate integrity and trust and drive for results
- Know the business
- Possesses planning skills
- Possesses organizational Savvy
- Ability to make the difficult decisions
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Encourages open exchange – is a team player
- Financial Skills
- Ability to take key actions and demonstrate behavioral anchors that support all Abbott Leadership Competencies.
- Bilingual: advanced English and French, oral and written
- Advanced computer software like, MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) as well as Windows Outlook and Internet.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%-20% of the time
Job Classification: Experienced
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time