ABOUT NORTH STRATEGIC
At North Strategic, we do things a little bit different.
We’re Canada’s fastest-growing, national public relations and social media agency. But we didn’t get there by following the rules or doing things the way they’ve always been done. The reason we win awards and are the agency of record for many of the most recognized and sought-after brands in Canada – including Tim Hortons, Canadian Tire, Samsung, Canada Goose, Sport Chek and many others – is because of our team, and their unmatched track record for creating exciting, disruptive, and market-leading work.
And today’s your lucky day, because we’re growing again.
It took North just five years to grow to three offices across Canada with more than 60 full-time team members specialising in PR, social media, and content creation. Now, we are working with an incredible new client, and we need to expand our team with some creative, entrepreneurial people who want to join our family, contribute to our dynamic culture and help us grow our award-winning agency. This is one of those opportunities that doesn’t come along every day.
This is your chance to join a company on the rise, which was recently named one of Canada’s top workplaces, while working on an exciting and creative brand that touches the lives of millions of Canadians. We’re looking for people who want to do work that gets noticed, that wins awards, and puts the client in the spotlight. At North, we love our clients, and we want to work with someone who knows how to put client service at the centre of everything they do. Our clients deserve the best, and that’s what we’re looking for in you.
We want you to help us build our future. North is the only PR agency to be named to Marketing Magazine’s Top 10 agencies in Canada for three consecutive years, including a Top Three finish in 2015. North was also recognized by the prestigious New York City based Holmes Report as Canada’s PR Agency of the Year in 2016. These achievements are a strong reinforcement of the work we do for our clients, but it is our unwavering commitment to our team – the people who create our award-winning content – that has positioned North as one of the most desired agencies to work for in Canada.
Oh and did we mention? No. Time. Sheets. The North Strategic team is too busy focusing on strategy, pitching and executing the best campaigns with the biggest impact for our clients, so we’ve left the timekeeping to the watchmakers of the world.
Are you the kind of entrepreneurial, creative, dynamic and just generally awesome person we’re looking for?
If so, it’s time to Go North Now.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Tired of the old way of doing things? So are we! We're looking for a creative person who can make any project run smoothly, likes people, is smart, and wants to own the burgeoning world of online video. Like to do things differently? We want your brain as our new Associate Producer.
- Actively assist Producers by providing project management support in development, pre-pro, post-pro through to delivery
- Responsible for the flawless execution of all assigned tasks and projects to completion
- Assist with production estimates and input into budgets
- Obtain internal approvals as required throughout the creative and production process
- Present work for team and client approval at all appropriate stages of creative and production
- Support North team in various administrative tasks
- Actively participate in client meetings, brainstorms and presentations
- Help determine and implement organizational best practices
- Identify client issues and raise awareness with senior managers
- Exhibit solid understanding of client information including general business strategy, industry issues and key stakeholders
- Stays informed about client industries including their technologies, products, target markets and competitors
- Ongoing tracking of industry & brand best practices
- Coaching, developing and mentoring junior team members
Our ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- University degree in Broadcast Journalism, Business, Film, Advertising, Communications, Marketing, or other relevant discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in television, video and/or film production
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with heavy workloads and short deadlines
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to assist in the development of program content, including researching, writing and editing
- Working knowledge of leading edge online, video, film and broadcasting technology
- Experience working with multiple sources of content
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically
- Ability to assess, work and deliver on client needs
- Excellent communication (both verbal and in writing) skills
- Genuine curiosity about how technology and innovation affects how we communicate and evolves social behaviors
- Passionately committed to collaboration
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, presentation and communication skills; dynamic team player
- Shows strong initiative as an entrepreneurial thinker taking independent actions and calculated risks
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Strong proficiency in social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Periscope and Snapchat, etc.), effective measurement frameworks for social programs