Star Content Studios is a start-up content marketing agency that forms part of Star Media Group, which offers multi platform marketing capabilities including, custom media and branded content programs, strategic services, data analytics, creative services, DM, digital and advertising sales.
Reporting directly to the Director of Content Development, you will responsible for new business generation for Star Content Studios. The primary focus of the Associate Director, New Business Development is to analyze market, economic trends, consumer demand, and advertiser requirements to develop custom content and content marketing opportunities in both print and digital media to generate new potential sources of revenue.
You will lead the team in developing innovative of sales strategies that differentiates Star Content Studios from its competitors, based on knowledge of the marketplace, needs of the advertisers and their customers, in collaboration with other senior advertising/marketing staff.
This position will be based out of our downtown Toronto location; however the successful candidate should be prepared to travel extensively within Canada and the USA (up to 50%).
- Research new business ideas and concepts
- Sales and Marketing
- Project Management
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Budget and Forecasting
- Management of day to day operations
- Collaborating with Creative, Operations, Technology, Production and Integrated Sales leaders
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management or related field (Masters of Business Administration an asset)
- A minimum of 10 years experience - primarily a business development environment, digital marketing agency or digital publishing experience preferred.
- Willing to be part of growing organization and a dynamic team
- Must have experience in working with various forms of content (cross media) and creative
- Experience in generating creative and compelling RFP responses and proposals and overseeing RFP submissions
- Strong financial skills (i.e. costing, pricing models, business models)
- An understanding of both print and emerging digital advertising models
- Understanding of Social Media tools for networking/lead generation
- Have an established network of North American business contacts
- Star Media Group is a growing portfolio of media businesses, centered around the Toronto Star, Canada’s largest daily newspaper, and thestar.com, one of the most-visited newspaper websites in Canada. Star Media Group also includes The Grid city magazine, Torstar Syndication Services, Sway Magazine and the Canadian Immigrant, as well as a digital portfolio including mobile, tablet and other websites. Star Media Group also jointly owns the Metro free daily newspapers in Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Halifax and London, Ontario, as well as Sing Tao Daily, the largest Chinese-language daily newspaper in Canada.