Associate Brand Manager Dog and Cat Consumables
Rolf C. Hagen Inc. is Canada's largest privately owned pet product manufacturer / distributor with a successful 59 year history of brand development on a global level. We are seeking a candidate with a dynamic and vibrant personality to work within a fast paced action oriented category developing fun and healthy products for our customers dogs and cats.
Reporting to the product director of dog and cat consumables, you will assist with planning and developing brand strategies and tactics to maximize long-term growth. You will be expected to lead and manage responsibilities within the marketing mix, provide directional suggestions for product development / innovation, build effective trade and consumer promotions as well as manage the creative process of packaging development.
- You are passionate about marketing and you have the ability to read minds or at least a good understanding of the consumer psyche and consumption habits
- You have a keen eye for design and feel confident providing art direction
- You have a strong understanding of brand identity
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and you will seek new and innovative solutions to problems
- You are results-driven and don’t just generate ideas you actually do work
- You have a positive “can-do” attitude and are comfortable working in a dynamic and diverse team
Your tasks will include:
- Coach & manage direct report.
- Support the creation of the annual business planning process
- Actually execute the annual business plan.
- Develop and execute programs and promotions
- Responsible for the analysis of brand performance.
- Manage all aspects of packaging and product development as it relates to your assigned brands
- Identify, develop and recommend unique business ideas that help grow brand sales, market share and profits.
- Track and manage brand budgets to ensure profitable delivery of marketing initiatives.
- Monitor competitive activities and prepare recommendations.
- Manage inventory reduction programs.
Things you'll need:
- Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience
- Experience in B2B & or B2C marketing, preferably in a CPG environment
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Solid writing and editorial skills
- Ability to track results, assign targets and determine ROI