DECEMBER 21, 2015
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (C5494)
CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE)
NOTE: This posting represents a five (5) year full-time contract position.
Ready to develop the future of continuing education at a next-generation university?
Concordia is an agile, enterprising university that is focused on transforming continuing education. We are searching for an Assistant Director of Marketing and Business Development with the creativity and dynamism to keep pace with us. In this vital senior role, you will open up new opportunities, identify gaps in the marketplace and build new offerings to fill these gaps. Your expertise in traditional and digital marketing will attract local, national and international audiences. Your strategic thinking will contribute to the ongoing development and career enhancement of thousands of people of all ages. Now — are you game to take that next step?
Reporting to the Director of the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), the incumbent is responsible for developing the global marketing strategy and communication plans for CCE. He/she works with the director to identify gaps in the marketplace, new offerings to fill these gaps and opportunities and strategies to bring these and existing offerings to a local, national and international audience. The incumbent is accountable for the development of the customer base, the delivery of new markets and expansion of existing ones, and the elaboration of offerings that will reinforce the notoriety and awareness of CCE Concordia. The incumbent must also develop and implement marketing solutions that will increase the customer base and enhance CCE’s reputation. These solutions will include traditional and digital marketing and communications initiatives.
- Identify gaps in the marketplace and work collaboratively to identify potential offerings
- Create overriding and targeted marketing strategies while working in close collaboration with the University Communication Services to formulate, direct, and coordinate marketing activities to promote services.
- Create a yearly communications plan with quarterly updates.
- Coordinate all phases of the production of the plans, including budgets, research and development appropriations.
- Responsible for the marketing research and production of executive reports and the development of pricing strategies, while balancing the Centre’s objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Identify key performance indicators and produce reports and statistics.
- Use strategic planning to ensure the profitability of courses and trainings offered, analyzing and coordinating business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Supervise the Development Coordinator and support his or her performance; manage the hiring, training, or performance evaluations of staff under his or her authority, and oversee their daily activities.
- Manage, maintain and oversee the web site.
- Develop and market public and corporate training seminars, courses and programs for the Centre of Continuing Education.
- Prepare and schedule promotional actions for the Centre using all appropriate media vehicles.
- Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the CCE’s image and position within the corporate marketplace and the general public.
- Perform other duties as required in support of the operation of the unit.
- Master’s degree in marketing or in a field relevant to the primary responsibilities, with four to seven years’ experience in developing communication plans using the Web.
- Solid experience in higher education marketing, social media marketing strategies, marketing research, having proven competencies and leadership in innovative and creative projects.
- Excellent spoken and written ability in both English and French (Level 5) to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Experience in the strategic development and implementation of marketing, business development, and networking strategies.
- Strong customer service orientation with effectiveness in responding to client, student and staff priorities.
- Proven team leader and motivator with strong interpersonal, leadership, decision making and effective communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships with clients, students, staff and the Concordia community.
- Demonstrated public speaking/presentation abilities with solid knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint (intermediate level).
- Demonstrated business acumen, with experience in business development, strategic planification, preparing and managing financial budgets.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.