Closing Date: March 15, 2016 4:30PM
Employment Group: P.T.S.U.
Salary or Rate: $37,304 - $46,631 Per Annum
Employment Date (tentative): As soon as possible
Hours per Week: Full-time (36.25 HPW)
Position Length (tentative): Term until April 28, 2017, Leave Replacement
Funding: University Budget
The Artistic & Graphics Coordinator works in conjunction with the Director of the UNB Art Centre/Personal & Cultural Enrichment unit of CEL in maintaining UNB’s permanent art collection, coordinating gallery exhibitions, facilitating ArtZone and functioning as the UNB Art Centre’s graphic designer. In addition, this individual will liaise with various internal and external partners, as well as the general public.
- Coordinate Gallery Exhibitions.
- Consult, assist and negotiate with exhibiting artists.
- Act as liaison with suppliers, print companies and photographers, artists, and general public in connection with all Art Centre related events.
- Create, develop and design exhibition catalogues, posters, ads, and all other related graphic materials, including display panels, etc.
- Work with CEL Marketing Manager to ensure that institutional standards are adhered to.
- Oversee print production process (i.e. quality & colour control)
- Document events, exhibits, and collection through regular usage of a digital camera.
- Engage in interior design of Memorial Hall for openings and other events.
- Participate in gallery tours and workshops.
- Manage organizational structure, workshops and yearly exhibits of ArtZone, UNB student art collective.
- Manage UNB permanent collection & database.
- Repair, reframe, clean and dry mount artworks from the collection.
- Organize workflow and safe transportation of UNB’s permanent collection of artwork.
Supervise work-study students hired to assist with the collection and other aspects of gallery operation.
- Undergraduate degree of Applied or Fine Arts; or a BA with a diploma from a recognized school of art, craft, or design.
- 2 years’ experience in a related field.
- Highly developed graphic design skills.
- High level of visual literacy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various design products like Adobe CS.
- Competence and knowledge working in a Mac environment.
** To be given consideration for this competition, you must demonstrate how, when and where you acquired the requirements outlined for this position. Your resume must present education and work experience in chronological order, with work experience detailed in both months and years, and whether it was part-time or full-time**