The Low Down
East Side Games is looking for a seasoned Artist/Animator to join our art team to create new concepts, assets, and animation for our mobile and social games. You are tightly focused, respect deadlines, and enjoy working independently on smaller teams where your input and contribution counts.
What You Will Be Doing
- Create rapid prototypes for user testing.
- Design, build, and modify optimized assets, animations, and UI based on project specifications using Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator.
- Work collaboratively with the art director, engineers, and other departments.
- Research, analyze, and report on social and mobile industry trends so you can assist us in providing the best user experience possible.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree or other post-secondary training in Classical Animation, Illustration, Graphic Arts, Graphic Design or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience as an artist or animator in a high-tech environment.
- Superlative time-management skills in a fast-paced production environment and the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
A Portfolio Demonstrating
- A wide range of polished design work (including vector examples) in varied styles.
- Examples of 2D and/or 3D character animation.
- Some concept work that demonstrates your thought process and ability to work iteratively.
- Industry production-level knowledge of Flash, Illustrator and Photoshop (Unity a bonus).
- A strong interest in and knowledge of the mobile game space!