Art Director full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Company Name: Delta Waterfowl Foundation (http://www.deltawaterfowl.org)
Delta Waterfowl Foundation is looking for a full-time Art Director to help produce one of North America’s leading waterfowl conservation/hunting magazines. The Art Director will also play a key role in developing an integrated line of design products to support the foundation’s marketing and sales initiatives.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years print design experience and an affinity for the outdoors.
- Design five issues of Delta Waterfowl magazine per year.
- Work with the senior editorial team to develop strategies for features and segments
- Confirm the status of images, check proofs for color and ensure quality control
- Ensure all layouts are clean, pre-flighted and well-prepared for press
- Some Photoshop work: clipping paths, color correction and image retouching
- Work closely with the marketing team to create collateral, promotional and advertising pieces
- Support the sales team in creating necessary sales material
- Contribute design expertise to development of digital platforms
- An exceptional portfolio of design work built on the ability to create appealing, highly visual work
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Applied Arts or Graphic Design
- First-rate knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other Mac design programs
- Uncommon attention to detail
- Illustration and retouching skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High-level understanding of typography
- Excellent skills in developing a brand and keeping it consistent across media lines
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page