Reporting to the VP Production, the Art Director is responsible for guiding and supporting production teams responsible for creating visual content in his unit (animation, environments, characters, special effects, interfaces). He will take ownership of the project’s artistic vision and make sure it is observed and that the quality meets the client’s expectations, whether internal or external. He collaborates with several teams, design, programming, project management, department directors, and producer.
- Actively participate in establishing the visual style and setting guidelines for the art teams;
- Principal liaison with internal and external clients for the artistic level and observing the visual style;
- Participate in the approval process for visual, quality standards, structure and content optimization;
- Identify and anticipate art-related issues and communicate the solutions to the appropriate Project Managers;
- Coordinate activities with the creation and production teams in order to observe schedules and priorities;
- Participate in scheduling and resource management process;
- Motivate, guide and support the art teams, especially in matters related to training, coaching, professional development, performance review and disciplinary measures;
- Ensure technical requirements, studio standards and deadlines are met;
- Participate in project reviews and required timelines and identify potential risks;
- Engage in the creation of visual assets.