The main purpose of this position is to produce compelling graphic designs solutions for a wide variety of corporate communications, marketing and related assignments. This position reports to the Group Creative Director, Engagement Marketing
As a Maritz Art Director, you will:
- Work with creative directors to interpret creative concepts into compelling designs.
- Execute designs to required applications for integrated programs in various media With an emphasis on digital solutions
- Direct execution of creative elements ( i.e., illustration, photography) in conjunction with creative directors as required
- Review final artwork as required to ensure quality and accuracy
- Manage role responsibilities within/to Quality Management System (QMS)
As a Maritz Art Director, you have:
- Strong conceptual design skills and sense of style
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Strong ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Up to date with communication techniques and style across all appropriate channels
- Strong ability to direct designers to realize Creative Director’s ultimate vision
- A comfort in presenting your ideas to internal stakeholders
- An ability to confidently sketch your concepts and a present them articulately
- Knowledge and proven experience with current creative and production software including Photoshop, Illustrator, and at least CS4.
- Knowledge of Flash, Dreamweaver, HTML/HTML5, Java, and other web-based creative/authoring tools an asset
- An understanding of design for various mobile and tablet platforms (eg; iPhone/iPad, BlackBerry devices, Android devices
- An understanding of design for PowerPoint and Keynote presentation software
- A degree or diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent combination of related education and business experience
- A minimum 2 - 3 years experience as an Art Director in an agency, design firm, or similar environment
- A great portfolio that reflects many of the aforementioned attributes
This is your opportunity to join an exceptional team who works hard, has fun and goes above and beyond each day to exceed our clients? expectations with an entrepreneurial spirit and in a corporate culture that inspires innovation and teamwork. Maritz provides Health and Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, RRSP Benefits.