Each day, some of the industry’s most creative minds come to work for a world leader in public broadcasting that fuels the Canadian dream at home and abroad.
Chaque jour, quelques-uns parmi les esprits les plus créatifs de l'industrie créent et travaillent avec un leader mondial de la radiodiffusion publique qui nourrit l'imagination des Canadiens partout.
When you work at CBC/Radio-Canada, you're part of an inspiring, entertaining, truly Canadian organization. Each day, some of the industry's most creative minds come to work for a world leader in public broadcasting that fuels the Canadian dream, making our national broadcaster one of the country's largest cultural institutions.
As the Analyst, Strategy & Business Development, you will assist the Strategy & Business Development management team in its assessment & writing of business plans, strategic planning & analysis function, potential negotiations with partners and the planning of new business offerings and ventures across English Media on all platforms. As such, you will perform industry research, competitive, market and product analysis, business modeling and valuation work.
You will also be required to keep abreast of business intelligence, tools and methodologies for potential incorporation into CBC Strategic Planning best practices.
Supporting the S&BD management team in completing various elements of the business plan, you will collect, analyeze and evaluate business requirements for individual business units. You will understand the business requirements and aid the business units in developing their strategic goals. You will interpret the financial components of the business plans and conducting gap, cost/benefit and risk analysis. You will assist in the development of business models and financial valuations based on accepted industry methodologies such as Net Present Value (NPV), Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), etc. You will research and analyze "Best of class" strategies, products and partnerships/business ventures. You may suggest target variables and benchmarks based on the research.
We're looking for a candidate with the following profile:
- 2 to 5 years of related work experience and an educational background in finance, economics, social sciences.
- University degree in the business field.
- Experience in research, business & financial strategy, financial modeling and analyzing financial, statistical & operational data.
- Knowledge of the broadcast and digital media industries is an asset.
- Strong technical knowledge of new and evolving digital technologies with the motivation to upgrade knowledge and skills in an evolving industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to good listening and interpretive skills.
- Ability to think strategically & innovatively.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last minute requests and/or conflicting priorities.
- Ability to focus and have strong attention to detail.
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada's national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. CBC/Radio-Canada brings diverse regional and cultural perspectives into the daily lives of Canadians in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting the country's diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from people of any wealth of cultures, linguistic and ethnocultural
communities, gender, sexual orientations, ages, religions and those with different abilities.