Jr. Web Designer
- Posted Date: May 15, 2014
- Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
- Job Status: Auxiliary
- Centre: Edmonton
- Business unit: Web Services
- Reports to: Manager, Web Design
Are you seeking an opportunity to experience your ideal career for the next three months? Do you dream about websites that work on any device, spark an interest or can’t help but grab attention? Do you know how to take that dream and create something special? Would the virtual world be a better place if every website was “user-friendly”? If you answered yes to any of the above, read on.
Here’s what we need. We are looking for a dynamic web designer who’s just getting started in the industry. We need someone who can demonstrate their talent to support AMA’s online objectives and new brand strategy. You’ll need to understand web design principles, and terms like W3C compliant, HTML and CSS are part of your every day vocabulary!
Major Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
(Include but are not limited to)
- Drive concept and execution of design and usability initiatives through exploration and finishing of wireframes and mockups.
- Ensure detailed design and user experience deliverables, support AMA’s online objectives and brand strategy.
- Design online advertisements and email newsletters as required.
- Continually monitor and help identify methods that ensure site visitors can navigate clearly.
- Help to ensure that all external web sites support overall look and feel, as well as, AMA brand image and personality.
- Write W3C compliant HTML and CSS.
- Optimize images for the web.
- Provide support to other business units as needed.
Background (Education/Licenses/Work Experience):
- Understanding of web design principles.
- Ability to visually communicate written material.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Time management and multitasking skills.
- Customer service focus.
- Experience in the creation and manipulation of web pages.
Skills & Proficiency:
- You’re a flexible, team player who excels in a fast-paced environment and thrives on creativity.
- You are positive, upbeat, fun and love people.
- You take pride in being able to generate consumer interest, drive product awareness, build brand loyalty and inspire repeat website visits.
- You insist on accuracy. While you’re fun-loving, you take the business of professionalism and brand consistently seriously and take pride in a job well done.
This is a full time, hourly position for a 3 month term with the possibility of an extension. The work hours are Monday to Friday for 37.5 hours per week.