The Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with key customers. Typically assigned to three to five named customers, the Strategic Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
The Strategic Account Manager represents the entire range of company services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
The Strategic Account Manager reports to the Director, Strategic Sales.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including technical pre-sales, delivery, managed services, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Build and maintain a consistent and predictable sales pipeline that is documented in the corporate CRM system
- Act as a trusted advisor and partner to clients, the market, strategic channel partners, and Infusion.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- Support direct and indirect sales engagements of channel partners (example: Microsoft, MongoDB, Sitecore, etc.)
- Identify and communicate new industry solutions
- Drive accountability and ownership of processes around opportunity engagement (handoffs, resourcing, partner attachment, client satisfaction, etc.)
- Engage in in activities focused in generating client awareness (may include industry conferences, public speaking engagements, blogging, social media, etc.)
- 5 + years of real-world enterprise sales and management experience
- Capable of interacting with C-Level and Senior VPs, showing executive level presence and influence.
- Experience working to solve problems across business units and multiple locations
- An overall passion for sales within a technology environment that drives business value.
- Demonstrated experience performing in a complex sales environment, preferably in services sales.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- Excellent organization and collaboration skills.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft's business and go to markets strategy across key commercial products lines would be a distinct advantage.
- An understanding of Microsoft technologies and license programs would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent track record of designing, executing win sales and marketing strategies
- Excellent record of winning business, generating significant sales
- Willingness to travel
ACCOUNTABILITIES & PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated strategic accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.