Applied Electronics is Canada’s leading Systems Integrator and Reseller of professional broadcast, post production and audio visual technology. We have offices in Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
Main responsibilities include serving the existing client base, while developing and implementing a sales strategy to drive new business and meet or exceed annual revenue objectives. The successful candidate will be expected to provide accurate information and guidance to prospective and existing customers, including pricing and technical specifications. In addition, preparing detailed proposals, promoting relevant products and conducting presentations to clients is essential to achieving success in this role.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Must be well-versed in the Information Technology world and able to present and promote complex high end software and hardware workflows to customers involving multiple technology partners.
- Call on key accounts, networks and business partners at the highest levels
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical partnership relationships
- Minimum 5-10 years of technology sales experience with top level executives (C level, VP and Director) with demonstrated track record of success in the Canadian Broadcast Industry.
- Industry experience in the operations or engineering side within the Broadcast and Post Production industries is a definite asset
- Sales or practical experience in the AV market is also a definite asset
- Strong sales orientation with excellent customer relationship building skills with a pleasant and professional personality
- Accountable for achieving monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals
- Demonstrated successful track record working in a collaborative sales environment
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly effective negotiator
- Prepare and deliver high level presentations to key accounts, networks, business partners, and industry associations
- Develop and maintain sales forecasting activities
- Post-secondary education in Broadcast Technology, Computer Sciences, or a related field
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Please note that Applied Electronics will, upon request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our recruitment process.
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.