For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry.
Currently we have an opening for an Account Manager.
The Account Manager is responsible for the promotion, sales and support of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) product line offered to obtain maximum revenue, profitability and market share in an assigned territory. A key aspect of the responsibility is building long-term customer relationships through a detailed understanding of the customer’s business, including extensive knowledge in the following:
- Previous experience in underground potash mining is essential (Experience in salt or coal mining may also be applicable)
- Previous experience with mechanical cutting equipment (borers, road headers, and continuous miners) and underground material conveying systems and a mechanical or electrical aptitude is an asset
Environmental Health and Safety
- Complies with SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
- Ensures team reports are working in a safe manner and following Company Policies and Guidelines
- Familiarity with Saskatchewan health, safety, and mining regulations
Business Growth and Development
- Develops sales opportunities for Sandvik Mining product lines within the defined territory and/or assigned customer accounts.
- Assesses customers’ total potential with SMRT products. Performs opportunity analysis by customer and site.
- Acts as key contact for account and liaises with appropriate personnel to communicate
- Provides input to product factories to address product offering.
- Develops a sales and service plan for designated territory/assigned customers.
- May be enlisted to participate in a larger account / sales team.
- Maintains accurate customer records as prescribed by the Company.
- Assists as required in any physical inventory counts (especially any consignment stocks).
- Responsible for achievement of budgeted revenue and GP.
- Responsible to work with assigned customers to maintain (days sales outstanding – invoicing) within company target.
- Ensures customers are in compliance with SMRT terms and conditions of sale.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility
- Associates Degree (or two year college diploma) in Business or Marketing or Technical Diploma within Engineering, etc. or equivalent demonstrated technical knowledge/expertise.
- Ten years proven sales experience within mining industry
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes
- Excellent customer relations and active listening skills
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceptualize customer application processes in order to advise on equipment needs
- Computer Literacy using computerized inventory and sales systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Valid Passport
- previous experience in underground potash mining
- familiarity with Saskatchewan health, safety, and mining regulations
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.