The Account Manager - OEM is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to acquire new business for Rockwell Automation’s portfolio of products, solutions and services at assigned accounts, and to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share. The individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned accounts and engaging with distributors to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
The office location for this position will be in Vancouver, British Columbia
Owns the account strategy within the assigned accounts and communicates to the internal Rockwell teams and external Distributor teams on an account by account basis when appropriate.
Establishes executive level relationships with the customer base and understands customer processes, drivers and business model.
Coordinates and communicates with Rockwell Automation resources (sales management, peers and technical teams) as well as the distributor organization.
Provides application knowledge and industry expertise and manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation’s Customer Centric Selling process.
Qualifies customer opportunities, engage the appropriate resources and coordinates the solution design to impact the customer’s decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
Organizes and manages a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrates competitive data and strategy into proposals.
Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Customer Relationship Management system.
Teams with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers.
Negotiates contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances through distributor.
Engages the Rockwell Automation extended resources and/or senior Management, as required, to plan for and win opportunities.
Supports customer programs and progresses the development of account specific Co-Managed Objectives.
Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
- 4 year degree in electrical or industrial related field, or 4 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an engineering discipline (technical sales and/or project management)
- Experience doing business development
- 3 or more years of successful sales experience in Technical Sales, Distributor, Integrator or Engineering Firm, or 5 years in a customer facing support role.
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation influencers including VPs, engineers, procurement, and sales. Preferably with OEM Equipment/Machine builder customers.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Ability to work independently and prioritizes their time efficiently
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.