The Staples Account Management Program focuses on retaining and developing above average Staples’ customers across both our retail and delivery channels. Monthly and quarterly communication with customers, both outbound and inbound in nature, includes making sales calls and handling service escalation calls.
Account Managers are responsible for utilizing their internal systems to collecting marketing intelligence and customer data during interactions with their customers, which can then be leveraged during future sales calls. The Account Manager is wholly responsible for the satisfaction, growth and development of his/her account base of approximately 750 accounts, while utilizing internal resources to overcome obstacles. With the goal of growing their customers’ share of wallet with Staples in mind, sales calls placed by the Account Manager should be focused on discovering and analyzing their customers ‘specific needs, both general and those that are industry specific.
The Account Manager is required to position and promote the most appropriate features/benefits of Staples to positively influence their customers’ spend. The Account Manager should create a sense of urgency for their customers to purchase with Staples through personalized and targeted conversations, while leveraging the most appropriate collateral to drive conversion and sales.
The Account Manager is expected to practice fiscal responsibilities with marketing dollars made available throughout Staples, Inc. to proactively sell Staples products, while ensuring that they are driving positive margin dollars for the company. Providing both world class customer service, and an easy sales experience for our customers, should be the focus of the Account Manager, while keeping Staples’ values and objectives in mind at all times to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Nurture and maintain strong business relationships to ensure customer loyalty/stickiness
- Leverage loyal customers to lead to new buyers/new locations at each site
- Develop incremental sales and grow margin within account base
- Deliver moderate net sales growth coupled with increased frequency and customer retention
- Drive profitable sales by building optimal category/product mix
- Increase profitability levels for customers by speaking to Average Order Value, consolidation of orders
- Identify new products and services and drive penetration within those segments
- Promote negotiated pricing on key items
- Qualify customers on an annual basis validating data such as company size, physical location(s), # of buyers at each location, sales growth
- Possess detailed knowledge of customer insights (i.e., business size, industry, purchasing behavior, etc.) and leverage data (with data science) to determine optimal contact strategy
- Maintain integrity of customer data using customer relationship management systems
- Utilize customer service skills to troubleshoot and/or provide solutions to business transactional issues
Key Performance Metrics
Net Sales $ with an expectation of moderate 2+% growth Margin %
- Monthly Frequency Rate
- Contact Rate (expected to make 20 unique voice contacts per day; likely to make 50 - 60attempts per day)
- Category Penetration (with an emphasis on high margin categories)
- Service Penetration
- Auto Restock Penetration
- Staples Brand Penetration
- Private Label Credit Card Penetration
- Omni Channel Penetration
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed Productivity Goals as defined at the beginning of each Period
- Meet or exceed monthly Sales Goals provided at the beginning of each Period
- Maintain an average talk time
- Handle all call backs or inbound calls.
- Utilize contact management software and order entry system to track and capture appropriate and required information.
- Strong organization, time management, and decision making skills are necessary.
- Promote Staples features and benefits appropriately based on customers’ needs.
- To actively drive account base to purchase each month inclusive of growing share of wallet.
- Solve all service escalation for every account managed, proactively contact the party
- responsible for solving the customer’s dilemma and follow through to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Act as customer’s primary liaison to Staples in regards to product, pricing, billing,etc.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have worked in an environment where a customer centric goal is present (i.e.retention, average sales, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years blended customer service and sales experience in a Contact Centre or Retail environment is an asset.
- Ability to produce results on a day to day basis.
- Ability to overcome multiple objections in the course of a call.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade others and problem
- Solve individually customer concerns.
- Strong individual motivation and ability to multitask.
- Exceptional decision making skills are necessary.
- Keyboard/typing skills required. Basic PC knowledge and Internet Savvy.