Manage an account portfolio of approximately 75 medium to large size customers, including National Accounts customers, as well as executing a balanced focus of new customer acquisition activity. Develop sales plans that effectively market Acklands-Grainger's value proposition to customers in their account territories to drive profitable sales growth. Utilize Professional Selling Skills (PSS) to understand customer needs and present cost effective solutions which will increase customer spend loyalty and retention.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages an account portfolio of approximately 75 medium to large size customers, including National Accounts customers, as well as executing a balanced focus of new customer acquisition activity.
- Identifies and classifies account opportunities and potential by establishing call priorities and frequencies (pipeline report, customer action plan).
- Develops and implements account penetration plans and strategies to include regular account business reviews for key customers. Aggressively follow up on leads to convert to profitable sales .
- Manages and maintains customer segment accounts, while increasing customer awareness of AGI through our product and service offering.
- Grows share of wallet with these customers and determine potential customers that may have more complex requirements.
- Partners with AGI suppliers/vendors and internal AGI sales resources, such as National Accounts and Specialists to achieve profitable sales goals.
- Installs AGI solutions such as eCommerce and Private Brands with customers
- Communicates regularly with branch team in order to resolve customer issues.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience is required, outside sales experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with strong self management
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively build relationships
- Ability to understand customer needs and concerns to help them get the job done and win their business
- Demonstrated team-playing attitude
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey message in an organized, clear and effective manner
- A self starter, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Exceptional time management skills
- Goes beyond job requirements to seek opportunities and generate ideas for improvements
- Proficient computer skills and aptitude
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- A post secondary education is preferred
Travel to customer sites
Acklands-Grainger strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top diverse talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members. As part of Acklands Grainger Inc. hiring process, pre-employment background checks will be required for all external candidates. Internal candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role and/or a director role and above position.
In accordance with Performance Excellence guidelines, team members are encouraged to apply for positions closely matching their experience/background and that are aligned with their Individual Development Plan. Acklands-Grainger Inc is committed to the principles and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Accommodations are available on request for all persons with disabilities taking part in the selection process.