Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Brokerage Services, is responsible for managing the credit relationship for our brokerage business channel; will be responsible for conversing with our brokerage business partners to serve their business needs; is responsible for underwriting credit deals inclusive of approvals; will be responsible for document preparation as it relates to various types of lending deals including mortgages, approval letters, etc.; will also complete some administrative functions related to our lending product offering to clients of our brokerage business channels; will converse with brokerage business channel members in an effort to extend additional products and services to strengthen the member relationships.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To effectively liaise and interview our Brokerage business channel members as it relates to their credit needs; prepare and execute all Mortgage, Lodgement, Meritline, Line-of-Credit and personal loans documentation, prepare and execute all other required documentation involved in the sale of additional products and services.
- Responsible for efficiently interviewing members to promote, up-sell and cross-sell consumer loans, mortgages, lines-of-credit and credit cards.
- Responsible for underwriting all types of lending deals to be in line with credit union’s policies, procedures as well as CHMC requirements
- Will complete credit approvals within approval limits subject to credit granting criteria
- Will liaise with brokerage business channel members in an effort to expand product and service offering
- Will prepare lending documentation for personal loans and mortgages
- Responsible for disbursements of loan proceeds
- Will provide administrative support as required and as it relates to the needs of our brokerage business channels members
- Interprets and applies operating procedures and lending policies to ensure that guidelines are adhered to
- Other duties as required
Understanding of credit union's business objectives; credit union products and services at 80% minimum knowledge proficiency; Thorough knowledge of lending policies and legalities regarding consumer lending documentation and process required with respect to mortgages, lodgement of titles, amending agreements and title insurance; credit union philosophies and principles; mathematical calculations on ratios and amortization schedules and credit union computer system. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft 2007 Word and Excel applications.
Service and selling, decision-making, problem solving and conflict resolution, time management, keyboarding, policy interpretation, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Minimum 5 years of credit underwriting experience with approval limits
- S.S.G.D. plus 4-6 years job related experience or
- Some college plus 2-3 years job related experience or
- Completed college/university plus 1 year job related experience
- Completion of CUIC (Credit Union Institute of Canada) Consumer & Residential Mortgage Lending course
- Completion of CUIC Fundamentals of Personal Financial Planning course
- On-going willingness to be working towards CUIC General Studies or Management Studies designation
Interested candidates should apply by submitting resume and cover letter, and stating salary expectations.
While we thank all applicants, only those that are deemed to meet the qualifications may be contacted for an interview.