About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group ("TD" or "the Bank").
TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves over 24 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe:
- Canadian Retail, including TD Canada Trust, TD Auto Finance Canada, TD Wealth, TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance;
- U.S. Retail, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, TD Auto Finance U.S., and an investment in TD Ameritrade; and
- Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities.
TD had CDN$1.1 trillion in assets on January 31, 2015. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately 9.7 million active online and mobile customers. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol "TD".
TD Commercial Banking provides financial solutions to North American businesses. Our broad range of products and services allows us to meet the needs of our clients in every sector, providing customized solutions to build a strategy that's right for them now, and in the future. Our quest is to deliver a first class business banking client experience and to be "The Better Business Bank" in North America. At TD, better business bankers have a strong background in business and finance as well as the specific products they are responsible to sell and service. They have keen insight into all their clients - their industry, products, finances and markets. Better business bankers demonstrate good judgment in people, businesses and markets based on education, experience, "gut instincts" and "street smarts".
The Account Manager, Agriculture Services (AMAS) is accountable for growing the Agricultural segment in a designated market. The AMAS will accomplish this by developing a Shadow Portfolio of non-Bank customers commensurate with the market and their existing portfolio. The AMAS reports to the District Manager, Agriculture Services. This position is accountable to deliver a superior customer experience, drive profitable business growth, and achieve The Quest.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE SHAREHOLDER (30%)
- Grow the Agriculture business through developing existing and new rural business opportunities with a focus on both revenue and volumes
- Build new relationships and deepen existing customer relationships by consistently following the Commercial Sales methodology
- Cross-sell the full range of products to existing and new customers, as applicable, to maximize revenue/profit and retention of relationships based on the risk profile of the customer
- Meet or exceed shadow portfolio goals; develop and actively manage a shadow portfolio and document in CARMA.
- Actively refer to other business partners both within Business Banking and across TDBFG and respond effectively to reciprocal referrals.
- Maintain excellent knowledge and understanding of agriculture business fundamentals and TDCT products/services; act as advisor on Agriculture solutions that match customer needs
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned area to ensure a co-coordinated internal and external market approach to Agriculture Services within the territory
- Actively participate in Area and branch Agriculture Services meetings, initiatives and campaigns, etc.
- Maintain credit expiries within objectives.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO CREDIT & OPERATIONAL RISK (30%)
- Ensure products and services are sold and operate in a compliant manner minimizing the regulatory compliance and operational risk to the Bank. Complete all compliance training and attestations within required timelines.
- Assess credit requests to determine risk and adhere to established lending policies/procedures and portfolio risk guidelines
- Oversee the management of accounts to ensure they are appropriately monitored and remain within guidelines and assigned limits
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with Bank and Industry Codes of Conduct
- Understand the market and the industries within the portfolio to ensure value added service is provided to clients while mitigating risk to the Bank
- Complete and submit monthly reporting as required
- Partner with administrative support groups (BSC/CAS, etc.) to better facilitate the processing of customer interactions.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE CUSTOMER (25%)
- Meet or exceed RM CEI target and be actively involved in ensuring the unit meets or exceeds its CEI target.
- Deliver exceptional service at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously improve the customer experience
- Lead all aspects of relationship management for an assigned portfolio by consistent application of all aspects of the Better Business Banker
- Actively use CARMA Sales to build a robust understanding of our customers/targets needs, industries and markets.
- Collaboratively work with Business Banking and Retail Banking to ensure all Agriculture Services Customers are serviced in the channel best suited to meeting their requirements
- Constantly build knowledge of the market, customers and broader economic factors
- Structure creative competitive solutions to meet customer needs
- Identify and respond to changes in the business environment, establishing action plans to address customer issues and priorities
- Enhance TDBFG brand by participating at network events in your community - be the face of the bank
- "Deliver the Bank" by recommending, introducing and referring appropriate TDBFG Business Partners and Products
ACCOUNTABILITY TO TEAM (15%)
- Embrace and promote a positive environment that supports a diverse workplace
- Actively participate in the performance management process including performance reviews, feedback and coaching sessions as well as performance and development discussions
- Seek knowledge both formal and informal in line with PDP objectives
- Lead, support, mentor and provide guidance to your team and within your unit
- Assist the Manager Agriculture Credit, in the development of a group of Customer Service Officers by providing balanced feedback on performance and personal development.
- Maintain and build positive relationships with all business partners (specifically CCRM, Product Groups, and CAS)
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
TD is committed to providing accommodations. if you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.