Account Executive full-time
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa has been operating in Canada for more than 40 years. Within Canada, financial institutions have issued more than 31 million Visa cards and the company serves more than 600,000 point of sale acceptance locations across the country. Visa facilitates Canadian commerce through the transfer of payments across our network securely and reliably every second of every day.
Account Executive is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing sales strategies for a Canadian financial institution including merchant acquiring organization. This position is responsible for selling Visa product and service offerings into the account and negotiating contractual arrangements. The position will work closely with internal and external partners to ensure appropriate communication flows and that there is a sustained and successful business relationship.
- Develop and execute customized account plans to increase sales volume and market share with a number of acquiring clients.
- Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products and services
- Work with Compliance to ensure that all partners operate within operating regulations (VIOR) and Code of Conduct for Payment Card Network Operators
- Work with Merchant Sales to identify areas for direct merchant engagement to be coordinated with acquiring clients.
- Continuously review client/merchant landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing the Visa business
- Assist, Product in the launching of new products or expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts. Examples include Visa Debit, payWave, Bill Pay and L2/L3 acceptance for B2B.
- Ensure implementation of annual goals and plans
- Foster productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the customer's business including payment strategy across all product platforms.
- Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned. We have a lot of flexibility in our team approach and the candidate should expect a varied and interesting set of project challenges in addition to day to day client responsibilities This requires a dynamic skill set balanced between highly organized process regimen and an effective customer handling ability.
- Participate in sales meetings and training activities
- 7+ years business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Four year college degree required; MBA preferred
- Demonstrated track record of managing complex partnership arrangements including planning and tactical focus to achieve growth objectives through a strategic channel relationship
- Superior relationship management skills including the ability to drive results through key partner relationships.
- Emphasis in customer-facing roles including business development, sales and marketing preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects, with proven success in synthesizing large data sets related to a wide variety of functional business problems
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and build the required fact base to support project work, business cases, including leveraging a wide variety of internal and external sources
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with levels including executive management
- Tremendous energy and passion for the business, our brand and outcomes in the marketplace
- Well developed presentation skills including the ability to present and articulate complex analytical information in a straightforward manner extensive client presentations up to a senior level will be expected
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a ¨peer¨ with the sales team
- Self starter with an ability to manage own and others priorities and adapt as required to an unstructured and fast paced work environment
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Position must be located in Toronto
- Some travel required
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”