An exciting opportunity in the Ontario region exists at Aviva within our Business Development team. We are seeking a sales-focused insurance professional with high business-acumen to pursue the role of Account Executive. You will act as a strategic orchestrator, business consultant, and long-term ally to the broker. Reporting directly into the VP of Broker Distribution for the Non-GTA region, you will have a close working relationship with the Business Development Operations Specialist.
The Account Executive (AE) owns and leads a portfolio of brokers in a designated territory. They service cross brand and cross line (CL and PL) while accountable for acquiring new business, maintaining and growing existing business, and providing advisory and strategic partnership to their clients.
The value proposition: The AE is the broker’s key contact, clearly accountable and empowered to make immediate decisions. They develop solutions and find answers for their brokers by understanding their unique needs and providing expertise on how they can grow their business with Aviva. We’re looking for people who have the real passion for our business, our values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every single day.
- Relationship Management of existing brokers (harvesting/cultivating): This role is accountable for building, maintaining, and leading shown relationships with broker principals/middle managers in order to drive the business plan, maintain existing business and develop new business with each broker office. The AE will lead these relationships through regular contact with brokers, providing advisory services around the insurance industry and Aviva specific products and services.
- Prospecting and acquiring new brokers and portfolios (hunting): Seeking out and closing on new brokers in the community by demonstrating industry networks, established reputation, competitive intelligence, and utilizing a variety of direct sales efforts.
- Developing broker and/or business unit plans: The AE is accountable for the development, approval and delivery of broker business plans and participating with the rest of the team in the quarterly broker reviews.
- Work with a team of digital marketers in the execution & optimization of current customer acquisition campaigns & programs to ensure campaigns are successfully implemented
- Monitoring broker performance on a monthly / quarterly basis: Ensuring that monthly / quarterly reviews of broker performance against the business plan are executed for figuring-out broker required audits and facilitating audit activities.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- 8+ years related experience, preferably within the property and casualty insurance industry
- Portfolio management, preferably within the property and casualty industry
- Marketing experience, capability to support the dedication to digital including self-service, social media, digital marketing campaigns, web and mobile usability, design, and content (strongly preferred)
- Experience handling complex digital advertising campaigns with shown experience meeting sales and revenue goals.
- Understanding of digital/marketing automation processes including lead management, campaign management, and online marketing (preferred)
- Confirmed sales success (new and existing business)
- Positive relationship management skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making capabilities
- Customer and results focused
- Strong networking capabilities
- Very strong business management (business plans, marketing plans, metrics, understands business drivers) capabilities
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Strategic thinker
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- You will be accountable for using input to make strategic decisions and remediation plans to ensure performance measures are met, including; rehabilitation or termination decisions.
- Supporting broker toolkit-related activities such as broker financing, succession planning, etc.
- Broker Focus: Through research and experience, understands the broker’s underlying needs and satisfies them through not only consistent service and resourcefulness but also attention to detail. Crafts opportunities to plan with the broker to establish goals, standards for service and continually improve performance. Business Partnership Development: Brings parties together into a mutual agreement on issues/projects. Gets control and invests in projects of a value driven nature with brokers and customers. Utilizes investment of the company resources and knowledge to build “real” partnerships of a long-term nature with significant
- Partners to ensure dominance in our selling relationships.
- Consulting Skills: Adept at crafting alternatives for action that achieve reciprocal solutions to complex problems. Displays evidence that they can see alternative solutions to problems and can support them to the broker. Presents pros and cons to alternatives that provide decision-makers with consequences of potential outcomes.
- Negotiation Skills: Presents alternative points of view. Develops a strategy to accept some points while rejecting others to achieve desired outcomes. Reaches agreement through negotiation to achieve mutual gain whereby if there is give on our part, we seek acceptable return in other ways, while preserving the relationship.
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Aviva Canada is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in the country providing home, automobile, leisure/lifestyle and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the company has more than 4,000 employees focused on creating a bright and sustainable future for their customers and communities.
Aviva Canada invests in positive change through the Aviva Community Fund, Canada’s longest running online community funding competition. Since its inception in 2009, the Aviva Community Fund has awarded $7.5 million to over 250 charities and community groups nationwide. Aviva Canada, bringing over 300 years of good thinking and insurance solutions to Canadians from coast-to-coast.